Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
And just to complete here is my day to day hack.

Had it remapped the other day "stage 1" circa 350bhp now and more torque than you can imagine. The thing is jekyl and Hyde. A sedate cruiser when you want and an absoloute animal at the click of a finger...literally.. Off the paddles

Black leather, walnut effect or whatever it is trim, idrive etc

koUvymH.jpg

Soldato
And just to complete here is my day to day hack.

Had it remapped the other day "stage 1" circa 350bhp now and more torque than you can imagine. The thing is jekyl and Hyde. A sedate cruiser when you want and an absoloute animal at the click of a finger...literally.. Off the paddles

Black leather, walnut effect or whatever it is trim, idrive etc

Nice buy.

Who mapped it?

Assuming it still has original dpf/egr swirl flaps etc.

Soldato
In which case 350HP is pretty impressive from just a map!

286bhp standard AFAIK, circa 350bhp very easy to achieve with a remap, going to RR it soon see how it does. Feels silly quick though and would leave most things for dead on the road and it does all that with 45mpg on a run (aftermap)

Caporegime
286bhp standard AFAIK, circa 350bhp very easy to achieve with a remap, going to RR it soon see how it does. Feels silly quick though and would leave most things for dead on the road and it does all that with 45mpg on a run (aftermap)

Awesome :)

If and when I replace the Volvo, I can only see it being a 335i/d or another Volvo which takes its place.

Soldato
Awesome :)

If and when I replace the Volvo, I can only see it being a 335i/d or another Volvo which takes its place.

If I was doing it again I may have got the 335i but I got the 335d fairly cheap compared to the i and with my mileage it kinda makes sense. I'm on the road most days with work

Also as far as I know the 335d has more torque than the I

Soldato
In which case 350HP is pretty impressive from just a map!

Yup that's what a simple remap can give. Anywhere between 330-350 depending on who you go to.

You can at a push if you have dpf delete on stock turbos achieve 390-400 with about 800nm if not more of torque. You may be an r90 fuel pump though. Great engine.

I wish I had bought mine sooner tbh.

Soldato
Yup that's what a simple remap can give. Anywhere between 330-350 depending on who you go to.

You can at a push if you have dpf delete on stock turbos achieve 390-400 with about 800nm if not more of torque. You may be an r90 fuel pump though. Great engine.

I wish I had bought mine sooner tbh.
Yea, push it with a DPF delete and then push it around after it fails it's next MOT.woop woop

Man of Honour
Yea, push it with a DPF delete and then push it around after it fails it's next MOT.woop woop

They are clamping down on this much harder as well now since the May 2018 changes - bit of a pain having a diesel MOT'd now as they also do more stringent emissions tests (which personally I think is bad as they can potentially damage even a health engine) and pretty much any sign of tampering with the DPF is potentially a fail - not just undoing it for the MOT.

Man of Honour
Not sure on those arches can't decide if I like them or not - but a pickup looks wrong IMO without some well defined wheel arches.

Those tyres make mine look like a toy hah.

Soldato
Not sure on those arches can't decide if I like them or not - but a pickup looks wrong IMO without some well defined wheel arches.

Those tyres make mine look like a toy hah.

im not sure the pictures do it much justice but its really finishes the look for me

this is it before, the black f150 badge is lost, the grill etc dont exactly work, the wheels are 20x12.5 with fairly aggressive mt tyres that drive well

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

i think they make the rear end work too with the twin exhaust and the raptor tailgate applique

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Man of Honour
im not sure the pictures do it much justice but its really finishes the look for me

I like the squatter more purposeful look it gives but those arches I think need to be paired with rear roll bars for my tastes.

How do you get on with those tyres on the road? I've been thinking of putting something a bit more beefy on mine but as a good bit of my driving is A roads and dual carriageway as well as back roads I'm not sure it is a good idea for me.

Back
Top Bottom