What good single player campaigns are there?

Soldato
Hi, i'm on a 100gb limited internet connection at home, rural 4G. I'm currently wanting to find an engaging single player campaign style game, the last one i played and completed was CoD MW2! I've played MoD games since but they just don't have as good single player campaigns and concentrate more on multiplayer. So, can you suggest a few games that i might like, i liked MoHAA too, are the Tom Clancy series of games worth a look at? What about Fallout?
Thanks

Caporegime
Mass Effect. The first one is a bit clunky on modern systems but 2 and 3 still stand up to scrutiny. Even Andromeda is decent but not quite up to the previous standards.

Splinter Cell games are decent too.

Associate
I think your 100gb is going to mess you up, it's like you can choose 1 game and hope you like it.
Titanfall 2 single player campaign is quite simply the best fps campaign to come out in years, you might even shed a tear.

I just noticed your in New Zealand so I don't know if you can get the EA Origin 1 week free trial?
You could then try the Mass Effects as suggested above for free, Titanfall 2 is in the trial as well.

Soldato
OP
I think your 100gb is going to mess you up, it's like you can choose 1 game and hope you like it.
Titanfall 2 single player campaign is quite simply the best fps campaign to come out in years, you might even shed a tear.

I just noticed your in New Zealand so I don't know if you can get the EA Origin 1 week free trial?
You could then try the Mass Effects as suggested above for free, Titanfall 2 is in the trial as well.

I can bring my PC to work and download it there on the unlimited connection if need be.

Soldato
Wolfenstein TNO is brilliant. Not too long though but there are secrets and collectables if your into that stuff. I just loved the plot.

Are you into RPGs? Something like Pillars of Eternity 2 or Divinity 2?

Associate
Look at the Metro redux games, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. Really good games both of them. I haven’t played the newest one Exodus yet but I will be at some point soon.

Soldato
Mark of the Ninja (7.5gb). Really fun side-scroller if you want to try that.

Alien Isolation is a good one (23gb). If you like scary.

Oldies, but still surprisingly good and forgotten about are the 2 "Chronicles of Riddick" games. Though they are extremely difficult on anything other than easy mode.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you enjoy RPGs, then Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance are must play, if you enjoy stealth action games, then Dishonored and Dishonored 2 are must play, if you enjoy scifi games then Prey is a must play, if you only enjoy shooters then I loved the story and campaign of Quantum Break, Titanfall 2 was decent as was FarCry 5.
Oh and for horror, Alien Isolation is peerless.

Back
Top Bottom