ASUS ROG SWIFT PG35VQ

Soldato
There's no sign of it in the wild anywhere... user images, YouTube etc. I don't know that anyone actually has it yet. Outside of professional reviewers who are taking their time with to do a proper review. I think anyone else would be slapping it all over YouTube and social media by now.

Soldato
Its not correct, it can be correct if you talking about review sample, but none of us can know for a fact if he is the first to get a review sample from Asus, which I highly doubt, they probably sent out their review samples at the same time.

Well I can know for sure that this is the only sample ASUS has in circulation as I am a reviewer as well. And was explicitly informed that this review sample is thus far the only one in circulation in the EMEA region. And I have no doubt whatsoever Baddass was referring to this fact. "Sample" in this context always refers to a review sample. If a monitor is purchased via retail channels, it is a not a "sample".

And incidentally, I will soon be in posession of the first and currently only Acer X35 sample for full review.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I can know for sure that this is the only sample ASUS has in circulation as I am a reviewer as well. And was explicitly informed that this review sample is thus far the only one in circulation in the EMEA region. And I have no doubt whatsoever Baddass was referring to this fact. "Sample" in this context always refers to a review sample. If a monitor is purchased via retail channels, it is a not a "sample".

And incidentally, I will soon be in posession of the first and currently only Acer X35 sample for full review.

Then you haven't googled enough, I saw some pictures of it a few days ago, though in chinese. Havent googled the last few days, but I bet I would find someone with this monitor.

Man of Honour
Then you haven't googled enough, I saw some pictures of it a few days ago, though in chinese. Havent googled the last few days, but I bet I would find someone with this monitor.

So it’s gone from some people buying it in Nordic countries to some pictures from Chinese sources? :) Maybe it’s available in that region, but in Europe, as far as I know, it’s not started to ship yet to consumers. It doesn’t really matter anyway, as “rumours” are just that, they aren’t backed by any rea testing or measurements of this screen.

I am fairly sure also that I know where these rumours of “smearing above 144Hz” have stemmed from. And that’s from my own comments when I tested AOCs unreleased equivalent, using the same panel, in Madrid at their press event a couple of months ago :)

Associate
So it’s gone from some people buying it in Nordic countries to some pictures from Chinese sources? :) Maybe it’s available in that region, but in Europe, as far as I know, it’s not started to ship yet to consumers. It doesn’t really matter anyway, as “rumours” are just that, they aren’t backed by any rea testing or measurements of this screen.

I am fairly sure also that I know where these rumours of “smearing above 144Hz” have stemmed from. And that’s from my own comments when I tested AOCs unreleased equivalent, using the same panel, in Madrid at their press event a couple of months ago :)

No? As I was speaking in general terms.

Well I know for a fact that it has started to ship out to customers in Europe and nordic countries. And you are correct, it doesnt matter who got it first, what matters who releases the first review!!

Soldato
Even if customers did happen to have it, the fact remains that "sample" is used in the industry to refer to something given for testing purposes and not something a customer buys. This point seems to have gone completely over your head and you're arguing just for argument's sake.

Associate
I'd be extremely surprised if the display at 200 Hz didn't smear quite badly. I remember testing the original 2560x1080 VA Z35 many years ago at 200 Hz. My god I've never seen smearing so bad.

Soldato
Someone over on the Linus Tech forums has said Linus reviewed it on Floatplane... I think that's one you pay for? Anyway, according to them, the review said the following;

"Without chroma subsampling you get 180Hz natively (200Hz OCed) in 8bit, 144Hz in 10 bit and 120Hz in 12 bit, the full array local dimming in HDR around bright objects on dark background is noticeable though supposedly much less so than in previous 4K HDR monitors."

Man of Honour
I'd be extremely surprised if the display at 200 Hz didn't smear quite badly. I remember testing the original 2560x1080 VA Z35 many years ago at 200 Hz. My god I've never seen smearing so bad.
Spoiler: It’s better than the old Z35 at 200Hz :)

Soldato
These monitors recently... reminds me of this...

one-million-dollars.jpg

Soldato
The way prices are going, makes you wonder what's in store in the years ahead... first MicroLED 27" is going to be £5K easy!!

Soldato
The way prices are going, makes you wonder what's in store in the years ahead... first MicroLED 27" is going to be £5K easy!!

honestly monitor tech is just as bad as GPU tech.

i didn't buy an x34a at time of release because i thought i'd wait for it to drop down in price.. years later its still commanding a decent fee and i wish i'd just bought then. now i find it hard to justify buying a monitor for a similar price i would have paid 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom