• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to Cut Prices of its Desktop Processors by 15% in Response to Ryzen 3000

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Well i was about to splurge on a cpu upgrade but i think i'll sit on my hands for awhile just to see how things pan out, nice to finally see some competition.

Associate
Nice, if the Ryzen 3000 is as good as AMD make out it'll still be worth buying, if Zen 2 turns out to be a flop when the real unbiased benchmarks come out can grab a cut price 9900K. Win win.

Last edited:
Soldato
So strange to see one half of the market doing very well, bringing out new products and a potential price war about to take place, and then on the other side to the graphics market we see a complete mess filled with overpriced products and minimal performance increases.

Yeah the graphics market could be much healthier. Fingers crossed Nvidia drop prices.

Soldato
Intel dropping prices means that AMD must be doing something right this time, evident by them advertising RAM that is basically plug in and it works for a start, which is how their chips should have been to begin with.

Soldato
Intel dropping prices means that AMD must be doing something right this time, evident by them advertising RAM that is basically plug in and it works for a start, which is how their chips should have been to begin with.

And of course, with every single Intel Arch change over the years all the available ram has just dropped into place and worked perfectly from day 1............................................kiss my hairy one springs to mind.

Soldato
Pretty telling... Intel did nothing when Zen1 and Zen+ released, all they did was release superior performance (read performance, mostly single threaded, and worse security) CPU's and put up prices...

AMD bring Zen2, Intel drop prices, pretty much tells you all you need to know.

This. When Intel cut prices, the bottom of the 14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ barrel is a mirror polished shine.

It's Intel admitting they're beaten on performance or at least not able to sit churning out the same crap with a new stock clock and charge an arm+leg for it.

Soldato
I thought ram prices were going to drop as well but they seem to only have increased :eek:.

Also, when will we see price drops? The Intel chips are still holding strong

Associate
even with a 15% price reduction I still think that Intels cpu are overpriced compared to the competition.
Not to mention I simple do not want to buy something expensive with serious security flaws that will have to be patched, which is likely to cause the CPU to lose additional performance over time.

Permabanned
When were either supposed to be faster than a 1080Ti?

Earlier :D

""""
  • VEGA-WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AND PRICE?
We don’t have a lot of info when it comes to VEGA, but when we looked at their pro GPU’s benchmark it wasn’t very good, as it lacked behind the GTX 1080Ti in the newest ghost recon, which tends to favor AMD over NVIDIA at this point. We do expect the consumer flagship VEGA to be better than what the pro-GPU can do at this point when it comes to gaming, and I believe we can expect the GTX 1080Ti and the VEGA flagship to match each other. Pricing will most likely not be too different, I’ve brought the reason multiple times, but IF VEGA implements the “infinity fabric” well in their new GPUs we can expect the new VEGA flagship to be a BIT cheaper, but not by much due to the fact that VEGA will be using a completely new architecture and not the same GCN architecture we saw in the 28NM node. Driver support is also difficult to tell, while AMD supported the 28nm GPUs better than NVIDIA did with their keplar GPU, we also have to consider that they won’t be sticking to 1 architecture with a few revisions like before, so we do not know which card will age better.

• CONCLUSION
The performance won’t differ much when it comes to the VEGA flagship and the GTX 1080Ti, we can expect similar price due to the die size and the newer architecture but we can also expect some good deals with VEGA’s infinity fabric! All in all, there won’t be much of a difference and it’s all up to you, in the end it’s about if you want to support AMD or if you want NVIDIA’s technology like soft-shadows etc. (which might get open source soon, but I wouldn’t hold my breath).""""
https://www.quora.com/Will-AMDs-Vega-be-better-than-Nvidias-Geforce-GTX-1080-Ti

AMD RX Vega 64 Outperforms NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti By Up To 23% In DX12 Forza 7 https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-64-outperforms-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-23-dx12-forza-7/

Soldato

""""
We don’t have a lot of info when it comes to VEGA, but when we looked at their pro GPU’s benchmark it wasn’t very good, as it lacked behind the GTX 1080Ti in the newest ghost recon, which tends to favor AMD over NVIDIA at this point. We do expect the consumer flagship VEGA to be better than what the pro-GPU can do at this point when it comes to gaming, and I believe we can expect the GTX 1080Ti and the VEGA flagship to match each other. Pricing will most likely not be too different, I’ve brought the reason multiple times, but IF VEGA implements the “infinity fabric” well in their new GPUs we can expect the new VEGA flagship to be a BIT cheaper, but not by much due to the fact that VEGA will be using a completely new architecture and not the same GCN architecture we saw in the 28NM node. Driver support is also difficult to tell, while AMD supported the 28nm GPUs better than NVIDIA did with their keplar GPU, we also have to consider that they won’t be sticking to 1 architecture with a few revisions like before, so we do not know which card will age better.

• CONCLUSION
The performance won’t differ much when it comes to the VEGA flagship and the GTX 1080Ti, we can expect similar price due to the die size and the newer architecture but we can also expect some good deals with VEGA’s infinity fabric! All in all, there won’t be much of a difference and it’s all up to you, in the end it’s about if you want to support AMD or if you want NVIDIA’s technology like soft-shadows etc. (which might get open source soon, but I wouldn’t hold my breath).""""

AMD RX Vega 64 Outperforms NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti By Up To 23% In DX12 Forza 7 https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-64-outperforms-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-23-dx12-forza-7/

Lmao I love how cute AMD fanboys are sometimes!

Soldato

""""

• CONCLUSION

What, someone on quora answered like that? Well.. open and shut case. You didn't have to go scraping the barrel for that one at all ;)
It... did beat the 1080ti in forza 7 on dx12... it's a single benchmark.

So... if we find 1 benchmark where Ryzen 3 beats the 9900k by a meaningful amount, is that going to be your strawman for "I remember when you all said Ryzen 3 was going to beat intel by xx% cos this one benchmark said so!".

Get a grip dude...

Edit: I'm actually going to keep the permalink of this post cos this is exactly what you'll do.

Last edited:
Caporegime

""""

• CONCLUSION

Just lol. We getting near the Aspartame thread again...

Back
Top Bottom