ITX - Custom Loop

Soldato
OP
Associate
You know you can flip the EVGA logo on the GPU, right?

I never understand why people don't do it on inverted systems. It's so easy with some cards, and this is one of the easiest.

Soldato
OP
You know you can flip the EVGA logo on the GPU, right?

I never understand why people don't do it on inverted systems. It's so easy with some cards, and this is one of the easiest.

It's a temporary setup just now, mate. I won't be using this until Intel or AMD release a CPU that isn't bugged and I'll also be looking to install the next iteration of GPU, 1180ti probably.

It doesn't even get switched on at the moment.

Soldato
OP
I've finally weighed up the options and made a purchase decision.

There's no way I'm giving Nvidia £1100 for an "upgrade" to my 1080ti, and there's no way I'm giving Intel £600 for a 9900k, besides I don't even think the mental amount of radiator space I've got planned for this build could keep a 9900k cool! :eek:

My first AMD system since the Duron 700 that I bought back in the day. I'll replace the 980ti with my 1080ti and finally get this system into service. :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £485.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Soldato
OP
Project complete for now.

I've installed the 2700x + X470i, added my 1080ti and the system is going great guns with an Aquaero 6 controlling all the pumps, fans & sensors. I've got it hooked up to my external radiator in the garage, but I've tested and it would easily hold its own without it as Ryzen runs miles cooler than Intel - to be fair, @orbitalwalsh told me that in post #3.

I also bought an additional monitor with the cash I made from selling the Intel gear. :)

I'm hoping to drop in the Ryzen (3700x) next year, but for now it's time to stop building and enjoy.

Tra6oaih.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ooh, Ryzen 3000 I hear you say? :D

Plans are being hatched once more, and there's 2 main targets to meet.

1. Get a 3950x into an ITX setup and do it justice
  2. Get my external cooling system versatile enough that I don't need to fret when the external temperature drops below freezing.
Update to follow soon :)

Back
Top Bottom