Epic Games Store now open!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just hope my shenmue key is a steam one like they promised or I won’t be happy at all. Greedy ungrateful buggers...

Epic have now surpassed Ubisoft to take my number two spot as most hated company. Will never use their launcher ever. As you may guess number 1 misted is EA.

Permabanned
More hassle, More authenticators emails i despise it and they are all jealous and butt hurt about steam so bad thier precious products have to be sold on thier stores.

No thanks Battlenet and Steam is enough i tried Uplay and ended up they let a hacker group brute force my password over and over without locking it after so many failed attempts they got in and shares it online. I complained to Ubisoft who assured me after an investigation my account was never compromised. Yet i have games completed, currency spent on items and better yet screenshots of the forum they used to share my account and the talk about it in Arabic.

Haha

Soldato
Yesterday I saw first hand the craze of fortnite and epic games store among children at my nephews party. It made me doubt steam's future unless they get off their asses and properly compete.

Caporegime
Yesterday I saw first hand the craze of fortnite and epic games store among children at my nephews party. It made me doubt steam's future unless they get off their asses and properly compete.

Steam/Valve have had issues for years and they've just done nothing about it.
They've made some half arsed attempts at moving into the living room but have failed for the most part.

Caporegime
OP

Were they playing on PC? Most of the kids in my family play Fortnite but it's on console so they won't be aware of the Epic Games Store itself. Just the mini-store inside Fortnite for purchasing Vbucks and stuff, so that has no bearing on Steam.

Soldato
Were they playing on PC? Most of the kids in my family play Fortnite but it's on console so they won't be aware of the Epic Games Store itself. Just the mini-store inside Fortnite for purchasing Vbucks and stuff, so that has no bearing on Steam.
Most were playing on their parents pcs, laptops, macs. They were saying how you can buy other games too on EGS, none of them had heard of steam when I asked them.

Soldato
Highly unusual.

Its a bit like someone saying they never heard of tesco :)

This,literally all my mates kids who game have heard of Steam. I find it highly unusual that a store that has been out for a few months is better known than Steam.

Steam/Valve have had issues for years and they've just done nothing about it.
They've made some half arsed attempts at moving into the living room but have failed for the most part.

EGS does not have even half the features of Steam,let alone its big screen mode,or the fact even Samsung smart TVs support Steam streaming natively.

So how can you say Steam has problems,when EGS does not even support cloud saves??

Imagine supporting this company with money...

There are Epic fans flooding US tech forums saying how Valve is bad and everyone should love Epic.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looks like Epic have arranged to cover refunds for Shenmue 3. Will be getting my refund as not only do I not want to support Epic (will never install their launcher), I feel let down by the devs for putting customers into this position.

Soldato
Everyone should refund it if only for the principle of it, companies should not get away with treating backers like some disposable interest-free loan providers.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Everyone should refund it if only for the principle of it, companies should not get away with treating backers like some disposable interest-free loan providers.
+1

They broke many promises. I am getting my money back. Will still be playing the game, but they just won't be getting my money for it.

Soldato
Epic have effectively destroyed kickstarter for any game company now as Sweeney came out and said that going forward they will pay out of their own pocket any refunds to people who kickstarted a game but didn't want to go with Epic, kind of misses the point that people want refunds because they're not happy being lied to and it just makes less people want to actually kickstart games

Associate
Epic have effectively destroyed kickstarter for any game company now as Sweeney came out and said that going forward they will pay out of their own pocket any refunds to people who kickstarted a game but didn't want to go with Epic, kind of misses the point that people want refunds because they're not happy being lied to and it just makes less people want to actually kickstart games
Yes. I was having this exact conversation with people the other day. For the money bags at Epic they now have a perfect business model. They have zero risk and have to give no finances up front. They wait until the kickstarted game is a sure thing with content and a fan base and then just swoop in and swallow it up. For the kickstarters that dont hit targets, dont get funded or dont atract fans. They dodged a bullet and it cost them nothing.

Man of Honour
The epic free game at the moment is one I highly recommend, Overcooked. Brilliant couchplay fun. The next free game is also worth grabbing, Torchlight.

Back
Top Bottom