Serious family legal issue

Permabanned
Hi all
I would appreciate someone in the know sharing any relevant knowledge they may have.
This is the tip of an ice berg.

I have a grandson, the father of which is my son.

The mother has a step father in a very screwed up complex family.

Anyhow up until now the mother of the mother has in a thinly veiled manner try to get money out of me. Because the mother is spending all her benefits on drink an drugs (not a large amount).

Anyway, add that we have no access to the child and they are dragging my son through the courts to stop him having access, all of their claims have been proven false.

Finally I have received this from step father (his sole contribution)

'Hi ***** this is **'***s husband.
I don't agree with the snide comments you are making about ****. But let me say i also have a comfortable life and and a very well paid job. I believe the mother is in the best place for her and (my son) to sort things out if i bring mother back in to the family home like you keep going on about (my son) will not see the child for a very long time as i will fight it all the way and i dont think anybody wants that. If you or your family can not support this then i will get involved.'

He has two of his own kids in his house and has no room, the mother has been in social housing but has got in arrears on the rent the council are moving her into other social housing.

The mother's family have thrown her out on several occasions and at times she has been sofa surfing.

My son pays child support and has bought clothes and shoes for his son on the rare occasion that he has been allowed contact.

What do you think?

I have considered letter box, gucci belt and boxing stance.

Soldato
The question is, as the kid's dad's dad, shouldn't you be twice as good at identifying Queen Wasps?

;)

Sorry I can't contribute something useful though, this sounds like a difficult situation for you :(

Soldato
Not sure if its just too early in the morning but ops post made no sense what so ever.

Compounded by the (i assume copy and pasted) drivel from someone speaking to the op. Is there a hungover Sunday morning tldr version?

Associate
You say you have considered the Gucci belt but he also claims to have a well paid job i think it is important to establish which of you is the real top revenue earner.

Best option is to go to court with people like this then it is clear who has what rights if you can afford to help your son get the best lawyer then do so it will be slow and ugly.

Soldato
I'd recommend your son gets legal advice and if you can support him doing that then great.

This.

Anyhow up until now the mother of the mother has in a thinly veiled manner try to get money out of me. Because the mother is spending all her benefits on drink an drugs (not a large amount).

Don't hand over a penny, ever. Once that sort of parasite thinks they have you it will never end.

I think my response would involve the word 'off' and possibly to tell them to sort their own daughter out instead of attempting to badly parent a grand-child and turn them into an addict too. Alcohol may be legal, but its often far more harmful than many of the illegal drugs on offer.

Soldato
You thread title says it all - Get proper legal advice for your son.....Anything involving children/rights to see them etc is a complex, emotional and difficult subject to give any factual comment on.

Good luck and be there for your son, ignore all comments and contact from the other side.

Permabanned
OP
OK thanks guys just wanted to check I wasn't missing something.

Tldr if I don't pay them then they won't let my son see his son,
And they're all dodgy as hell

Permabanned
Problem is my grand son is 11 months and my son really wants to see him so..

Then if it's your sons child he is going to need to go to fight for him in court through child services by the sounds of it. Don't be handing over money for threats. If you going to pay for something properly pay a solicitor to fight that corner.

You have to pay them nothing it's not up to you to give them money really is it?

Back
Top Bottom