This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I second this :(:p I wish I could be 25 again

Didn't realise you were so young Acme. I joined the forums when I was 17 not so active these days though. Only hop on occasionally now (not as good as it was back then ;))

In other news think my kindle is trying to hint at me. Got a notification this morning saying "hey now you've finished this book why not check out these recommendations":

"Inspired by browsing history " = romance novels (of the rather rude variety) :o:D

"Recommended for you" = The Holy Bible

:D:D:D oh how I lol'd
Can you remember that far back to when you were 25? :eek::p

Man of Honour
Late night pondering....Do you ever have moments where you look back on old pics of yourself and think "where did that person disappear to" :confused: my life has changed so much, some good (i.e. i feel much stronger now) but a lot not so much. Just seemed more carefree back then, happier in some ways too.

Anyhoo not really looking for an answer just one of those questions I had to get out there without telling a friend who would end up giving me sympathy etc when I'm not after that :p

Having kids did that to me.

Soldato
Honestly the only thing I remember from being 25 was getting a new car for the first time :D It's the last 7.5 years that have been a bit of a blur lol

(Definitely don't wish I was back in school though, was not a good time for me.)

And I haven't been reading fifty shades of grey :p (though I did watch the second film last night :o)

Caporegime
was on a flight to geneva that got diverted due to bad weather and went to basel since apparently geneva wasnt letting commercial flights land., the plane was refueling to go back to geneva so I asked if I could get off in basil since I only had hand luggage.
easyjet let me off :) saved 1hour on my train journey and 25chf on the train cost :D.

when I asked if I could grt off a other passenger tried to moan at me for being selfish and saying I would be holding up the whole plane up... what a moron. I was sure on the train beforr it was even refueled.

I mean the plane front door is open anyway, it takes no time for me to jump in the airport workers car and be on my way to arrivals... bet she was just jealous she would be stuck on the plane for atleast another hour

Caporegime
Feel like I'm chasing my tail constantly atm with regards to money

Want a house, but need to save deposit, got a new job so I can save more more.

Dog now needs tablets every day,like 5+some other crap, bare cash.

Food bills, car, everything. How we'll ever get a house and have an actual life I don't know.

Perhaps a need a second job? Loving 2019 yo

Soldato

Food bills, car, everything. How we'll ever get a house and have an actual life I don't know.

This is basically 70% of my worries every day (which are substantial and getting me down). I've become fixated on houses and homes, I just want somewhere I can be safe and comfortable. Went to uni in my late twenties and now have a great job (in my eyes). Saving hard and have cheap rent but it looks almost impossible to ever actually buy somewhere. If I manage a studio flat it would be a substantial downsize from the two rooms I rent. I don't waste money and hardly drink/holiday/buy new toys. Just tired of grinding at this with no change in prospects really.

Permabanned

Nobody should need a second job!!! money is scum and it's simple as that! Cut down on your spending so you don't need more money. I bet you can.

Soldato
I'm so glad I decided to spend the first 6 weeks working on my house after I got the keys.

So nice being able to come home after work to a clean, tidy house that doesn't need anything doing to it.

Every room has been plastered, painted, new carpets, doors treated, new handles, blinds and curtains.

I think I'd have hated coming home from work to a house that looks like a builders yard.

Soldato

Buying in London is always going to be expensive, and for most people it's probably too expensive.

How much are you saving each month?

Is it just your own income or do you have a partner?

Caporegime
Nope, you got the wrong end of the stick. Didn't say do nothing in your spare time there's plenty things to do other than working.

You said I bet I can save money. So I responded :p

Buying in London is always going to be expensive, and for most people it's probably too expensive.

How much are you saving each month?

Is it just your own income or do you have a partner?

I'm a few outside London, but even still a two bed is like £280k :p

I'm saving about £200 atm, don't think I can do more unless I literally want to be a hermit and love off rice and peas.

Wife has an income but it's just about covering her bills tbh

Soldato
You said I bet I can save money. So I responded :p

I'm a few outside London, but even still a two bed is like £280k :p

I'm saving about £200 atm, don't think I can do more unless I literally want to be a hermit and love off rice and peas.

Wife has an income but it's just about covering her bills tbh

It doesn't sound like you are able to save enough to really ramp up the deposit like you'd probably need to. £200 isn't all that much in the scheme of things unfortunately. Very quickly eaten by various fees you incur when buying as well.

Most lenders will do max of about 5 x income, as a couple this should include both of your incomes.

In most respects a mortgage payment should be roughly equivalent to your rental payments, but the deposit is the kicker. The better the deposit the less you pay in general.

I've not really looked at it too much, but if you don't have much of a deposit and you want to buy, you'd probably need to seriously look at the HTB scheme where the government put in 20% deposit, and you put in 5%.

The scheme seems reasonable but you need to actually plan to pay off the 20% before it starts costing you money on top of the mortgage.

For a beginning I would see if you can cut anything out of your budget that you don't need. What is your rough monthly costs like for various things?

If you are savvy then you might be able to save extra money by just negotiating better deals, or switching to different providers for things when contracts are up for renewal.

I agree that living like a hermit isn't a good idea, but I guess some sacrifices must be made if you want to own your own house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom