Items left on holiday - courier?

Soldato
In-laws are just back from Spain and have left some clothes behind - :D

3 x dresses worth about total of £200 and they would like them back.

I've been in touch with the hotel and they have the items and have offered to package them up, but we have to arrange collection. Any suggestions or just write them off?

Soldato

I've been in touch with the hotel and they have the items and have offered to package them up, but we have to arrange collection. Any suggestions or just write them off?
Ask hotel to arrange a courier and tell them you’ll bank transfer them over the money to cover cost before collection?

Or go on to Parcelforce website and get a quote for uplift.

Edit: p.s. we know they’re your dresses :p

Soldato
I don't know where you are, or where the hotel is but I just entered a 5kg package from Platja d'Aro to my house in Stoke with UPS and the cheapest option it gave was £13.99

Soldato
OP
Sounds simpler than i thought it would be.

Hotel have packaged it up, but want a courier to come to the hotel and collect. I'll have to get in touch and get the weight and dimensions, but if it as simple as using parcelmonkey or something - then winner, winner!

On a side note, i posted the very same question on money saving expert - i was asked if i could persuade friends or family to holiday there and bring the dresses back with them - wtf?

Caporegime
Sounds simpler than i thought it would be.

Hotel have packaged it up, but want a courier to come to the hotel and collect. I'll have to get in touch and get the weight and dimensions, but if it as simple as using parcelmonkey or something - then winner, winner!

On a side note, i posted the very same question on money saving expert - i was asked if i could persuade friends or family to holiday there and bring the dresses back with them - wtf?
Just LOL if the effort involved in reclaiming 200 pounds worth of dresses requires drama, an internet thread, and updates. JUST BUY MORE DRESSES. Which part of this is complicated in any way?

fake e: oh, it's been posted on more than one forum? Just LOL if you think time spent on a stupid quest is meaningful and that you couldn't be doing something more interesting and more deserving of your time instead, like sharing that time for charitable work or helping out at a local bake event, or not being insufferable.

I would not watch this film or even its remake which is sure to hit cinemas early 2020.

Soldato
Just LOL if the effort involved in reclaiming 200 pounds worth of dresses requires drama, an internet thread, and updates. JUST BUY MORE DRESSES. Which part of this is complicated in any way?

fake e: oh, it's been posted on more than one forum? Just LOL if you think time spent on a stupid quest is meaningful and that you couldn't be doing something more interesting and more deserving of your time instead, like sharing that time for charitable work or helping out at a local bake event, or not being insufferable.

I would not watch this film or even its remake which is sure to hit cinemas early 2020.
Are you ok Annie?

Soldato
OP

Bit of a nob post from you there Mag tbh.

Soldato

Was the wife wearing these dresses when they were left behind :D:D:D

Soldato
OP
Left items turned up today!

I purchased the courier service (£20) back to UK
Sent the hotel the labels
Hotel packed the items and attached the labels.
Courier picked up the package
7 days later back with the inlaws!!

Thank you all.

Soldato
done this a few times with international travellers leaving stuff in our taxis,

never a hastle although we do prefer fedex at a couple of pounds more as they seem to be the easiest company to deal with for pickups

Back
Top Bottom