Poll: French Grand Prix 2019, Paul Ricard - Race 8/21

Rate the 2019 worst race of the year out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
How much time was expected and when they removed the updates (if true), how much time did they lose?
Any link with analysis?

According to Ted during FP1 iirc.
Updates were meant to be worth at least 0.3s, which was the minimum time that was lost with the CFD -> Wind Tunnel -> Track correlation issues.

By the looks of it... pulling all the parts off again in the same race is at least better than last year when they did half a dozen races with the duff bits bolted on.

Soldato
Comparison here of Verstappen v Norris Q3 laps:

The Renault in the McLaren still has more power than the newly upgraded donkey in the back of the Red Bull. I thought it was due to less wing on the McLaren at first, but you can see Norris still makes up time in the fast sweeping aero-dominated corners. If he hadn't had armfuls of understeer in the final corner I think he'd have gotten P4. I'm surprised Horner isn't out there jumping up and down about how the Red Bull would be winning races if it had a better engine /s

Also, has anyone said lolGasly yet? Becuase lolGasly.

Caporegime
What on earth has happened to the French circuit? it has gone from one of the nicest tracks on the calendar to a horrendous mess of blue stripes.

Associate
Comparison here of Verstappen v Norris Q3 laps:

The Renault in the McLaren still has more power than the newly upgraded donkey in the back of the Red Bull. I thought it was due to less wing on the McLaren at first, but you can see Norris still makes up time in the fast sweeping aero-dominated corners. If he hadn't had armfuls of understeer in the final corner I think he'd have gotten P4.

Impressive qualifying performance by McLaren yesterday. Rather overshadowed Renault's upgrade package!

Soldato
Me too, if I knew no better I would guess at typical post and run trolling.

Knowing the poster it will be a thinly veiled attempt of wah wah Hamilton did what Vettel did and never got punished wah wah.. Despite it being practice and not as dangerous anyway. Also didnt help that the green lights were flashing saying it was clear.

Back
Top Bottom