*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Still struggling to decide whether to get Bloodstained on PS4 or switch?

Also, annoyingly, Mario maker 2 is also out next week and not really sure I can justify buying both on the same day!

better off with super mario bros deluxe are you not until more maps are available online and all the crap ones have been weeded out?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I imagine that SMM2 will have a load of quality levels at launch. Nintendo are a lot of things but they are not stupid when it comes to their big releases. A game that relies on user generated content will still have a load of "curated" levels or ones that have been created in house or by well known level designers in the SMM world.

Bloodstained does look kind of a mess on the Switch as well. Looks like they made it for PS4/Xbox and basically didn't optimise it at all because why would you need to. The Switch version was just a hastily put together cash grab for the most part. Its not exactly a taxing game for the PS4/Xbox so there is no excuse for the massive drop in quality to the Switch.

Soldato
I've also read opinions from Switch owners who are playing Bloodstained and they're saying it is fine with no obvious issues, even in hand-held. There was a patch released the day before it became available so perhaps some of the issues in the review copies are already dealt with. From what I've read the slowdown issues are from certain areas later in the game so maybe they haven't go to those places yet. I think they will fix whatever is wrong with it but yeah these things should be optimised and ready to go at release. I will get it one day but not at full price.

I've had a good week or so now with Cadence of Hyrule and I absolutely love it. If you're a fan of the snes era Zelda games and/or rhythm games then this is a must. It's far more forgiving than Crypt of The Necrodancer which I found really quite difficult. It looks great and the music is superb.

Soldato
Mario Maker 2 reviews are out and early impressions are that it's awesome so I think bloodstained is going to have to wait until another month! Not that I had any doubt the sequel to Mario maker would be amazing as Nintendo aren't likely to drop the ball with a franchise like that.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/super-mario-maker-2

Looking forward to getting my copy on Friday :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom