• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to Cut Prices of its Desktop Processors by 15% in Response to Ryzen 3000

Soldato
Oh God, dont say that, I may well end up building one just to annoy the "stealth" crew :p

Closest I get to rainbow is a case with BS381C 697 paint, and weird red coloured removable drive bays in the front of a 3U chassis. I suppose if I put some nice yellow and green electrical tape across the lid it would be sort of rainbow :D

Soldato
Closest I get to rainbow is a case with BS381C 697 paint, and weird red coloured removable drive bays in the front of a 3U chassis. I suppose if I put some nice yellow and green electrical tape across the lid it would be sort of rainbow :D
Some sort of iridescent paint with synced rgb would work right?

OcUK Staff

Request a confirmation from Intel, so far as of today they have confirmed nothing, any price change would be well out of the ordinary for them, told our Intel REP to pick up the phone the moment anything is heard confirming or denying this.

If they move price we are ready as were sitting on practically no stock, so perfect timing. :)

Soldato
Request a confirmation from Intel, so far as of today they have confirmed nothing, any price change would be well out of the ordinary for them, told our Intel REP to pick up the phone the moment anything is heard confirming or denying this.

If they move price we are ready as were sitting on practically no stock, so perfect timing. :)

They'll confirm it when your quarterly orders fall by 30+%, along with all the other enthusiast retailers too. ;)

Soldato
You should do that anyway, Intel don't deserve your hard earned.

This. Dirty tricks to almost push their competition out of business then fleeced their customers with little technology improvement for nearly a decade.
Now AMD clawed their way back... Suddenly trying to get more done.

**** Intel.

Associate
This. Dirty tricks to almost push their competition out of business then fleeced their customers with little technology improvement for nearly a decade.
Now AMD clawed their way back...

I'll await AMD stock levels and final UK pricing (plus retailer gouging) before jumping to that same conclusion. ;)

Associate
I'll make my own conclusions, thanks. Pricing is available if you'd bothered to look before commenting.

You seem to be very triggered, sweetheart. :p

Please show a single UK retailer listing final pricing (including VAT and markup) for the new AMD CPUs and mobos (you know, as you could be "bothered").

Last edited:
Soldato

Please show a single UK retailer listing final pricing (including VAT and markup) for the new AMD CPUs and mobos (you know, as you could be "bothered").

There are at least two, and if you'd read the forum rules you'd also know know you're not allowed to name competitors. ;)

Associate
There are at least two, and if you'd read the forum rules you'd also know know you're not allowed to name competitors. ;)

After 11 years here, I'm fully aware of the rules. A private PM of a link would have been fine. But also pointless.. ;)

Let's be honest: OCUK and all it's major UK-based competitors have no final prices listed for any of this stuff, as they have no firm idea what final pricing they will be using. And, of course, we can expect lots of price jiggling amongst retailers for the first few days/weeks after release, so it's all moot. Sure, some silly click-bait retailers have put place-holders up, but that's all those prices are at the moment: click-bait. ;)

Soldato
Fully aware of the rules. A private PM of a link would have been fine. But also pointless.. ;)

Let's be honest here: OCUK and all it's major competitors have no final prices listed for any of this stuff, as they have no firm idea what final pricing they will be using. And, of course, we can expect lots of price jiggling amongst retailers for the first few days/weeks after release, so it's all moot. Sure, some silly click-bait retailers have put place-holders up, but that's all those prices are at the moment: click-bait. ;)

Ordering for the CPU's started mid-June, with firm pricing from the disti's both EU and RoC based. The final pricing can only change of AMD start doing rebates, so retailer pricing will be within a very small margin.

Associate
Ordering for the CPU's started mid-June, with firm pricing from the disti's both EU and RoC based. The final pricing can only change of AMD start doing rebates, so retailer pricing will be within a very small margin.

I'll remain unconvinced until I see actual prices on launch day. ;)

As others have commented, stock-levels/greed may lead to some price gouging - it's not like it hasn't happened before. :(

Fingers crossed, I guess.

Soldato
I'll remain unconvinced until I see actual prices on launch day. ;)

As others have commented, stock levels may lead to price gouging - it's not like it hasn't happened before. :(

Fingers crossed, I guess.

Loads of stock for most of the SKU's, allocations are easily bring filled, no back log on forward ordering, just standard delivery time scales.

If you see gouging then I'd be incredibly surprised, as these guys and others will be going for the bundle upgraders and a bad CPU price could lead to the loss of a whole system.

Soldato

check the rules for forum goers here. Appreciate you're likely just posting for the MM access but... still (we don't mention competitors directly). ;)
Prices have been spotted, checking the usual comparison sites or even the main Ryzen 3 thread will show you them :)

but... otherwise. Yeah. That was a slightly heavy-handed reply. Excuse the tone, it wasn't quite as intended.

Edit: linked to make life easy.

Back
Top Bottom