Very best MPG has been around 38 for me. ~70MPH motorway for the whole tank

Total Fuel Spend
£12,469.05

Total Miles

Total Litres

Average MPG

-Yikes 10,000 litres :D

Permabanned
I read about the short gears but not surprising on that. 6k isnt a lot but I take it they last well, whats the mpg at best/worst
I had JDM tranny in mine 4.7fd 70mph = 4800rpm on 5th gear or something like that. With full spoon sports N1 exhaust it was eee EARPLUGS loud .

You know that feeling when you need to pop ears every 10 minutes on motorway

Ehh the memories... Sunday almost 5am driving back from rave in to sunrise.
Over 9 years of abuse broke down twice. Dizzy went got new one and it went month later again. Besides blowing up old tranny tahts why I upgraded to 2000 JDM one :p

I still like B engines more than K. More of an Angry wasps

Last edited:
Associate
Debating canning my mk5 golf for the Accord type R as i missed the civic dearly and fancy a saloon yet cant quite justify FD2 pricing

Do it! I’m On my 3rd ATR. Research is a must, a large amount of them suffer from bulkhead rot which can be terminal (unless you’re willing to spend £600+) fixing it!

I’ve just been under mine all weekend stripping off arch liners to inspect and thankfully mines clear! They also can suffer from rot on the chassis where it connects to the subframe (less expensive, 200-300 quid to fix).

5th gear synchros need to be kept an eye on too, when that goes you lose reverse. Early symptoms are a crunch into 5th at high rpm! Headlights are auto levelling, sometimes the sensor rod on the rear suspension siezes and snaps and will point your headlights to the sky or 2 foot in front of you.

Apart from all that, they’re fantastic cars. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Permabanned
Do it! I’m On my 3rd ATR. Research is a must, a large amount of them suffer from bulkhead rot which can be terminal (unless you’re willing to spend £600+) fixing it!

I’ve just been under mine all weekend stripping off arch liners to inspect and thankfully mines clear! They also can suffer from rot on the chassis where it connects to the subframe (less expensive, 200-300 quid to fix).

5th gear synchros need to be kept an eye on too, when that goes you lose reverse. Early symptoms are a crunch into 5th at high rpm! Headlights are auto levelling, sometimes the sensor rod on the rear suspension siezes and snaps and will point your headlights to the sky or 2 foot in front of you.

Apart from all that, they’re fantastic cars. Let me know if you want to know anything else.
I always look at cars this old like... Needs 2000 pounds putting in DAY 1 or it costs 2000quid more than others on market. Thats how it is.

Soldato
Love an EP3, Before I bought my Accord I was really considering one to scratch the itch, but alas I chose my big CU2 Accord with its K24 and massive armchairs which i also don't regret buying, still need to get the reflash done to it to eek out that extra performance.

Associate

bought a black facelift one yesterday for 700 its been trailer ed to work needs a fair bit of work but no rot !

so far it needs suspension engine mounts and brakes seeing to and a good service and timing belt for piece of mint has 101k snap 10 pm purchases haha

Soldato
I really should drive my FD2 more. It's not moved out of the garage for a month.

I've always offered to help you out with that.

Speaking of which @ChrisD. Have you had your digital dials converted from Kph to mph? I know on the FN2 you have a button that switches between the two but i've always thought that function wasn't available on the FD2

Last edited:
Associate
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-type-r/9877582

Just put my DC5 up for sale after 4 years. It's been a brilliant car and hasn't caused me any issues but recently have been feeling the need for a change.

The Mrs and I bought a stealth grey focus ST earlier in the year that does most of the daily duties along with her old Corsa. Plan is to get another year out the Corsa and replace it with a newer fiesta as a cheap runabout. In a few years time I'll trade the ST in against a FK9 once prices come down a bit.

Selling the DC5 will give me a good wad of cash to begin saving for something else. I'm really tempted by a Nismo 370z, I absolutely love the looks and while it lacks the handling compared to some rivals I love the almost jap muscle car thing it's got going on. Other option is a decently tuned GT86 or perhaps another S2000. Leftfield choice is a flat 6 3.4 manual Boxster. Like to think that most decent N/A engined/manual cars are going to hold value quite well.

Whatever I get I intend on keeping it a very long time and will not be a daily.

Associate
Anyone here have/had a Prelude Motegi? I always had a soft spot for the preludes and seeing a couple come up for sale recently is making me want one!

Man of Honour
OP
Posted in the Show us your motors thread but I figure it fits here too.

Nürburgring visit last week for a short holiday with a mate. Annoyingly it was high 30's so pretty unbearable with hardly any shade where you want it and no air con in the house!

Mine and his car (M2 LCI) at the house sunbathing.

3xu84QD.jpg

The view from my room. I mainly go out there for the scenery, vibe and to chill out now, the track has become more of a secondary interest. Even the GP circuit was only configured for the short track, boo!

hKZzqqF.jpg

Everyone does this now, right?

zaXToBT.jpg

We tried to stay in the searing heat at Brunchen to watch the instruction that was going on, we had to walk up the hill to get in the shade. It was unbearable without shade!

zawohVT.jpg

Obligatory on track pic. My time only around 9 minutes as I don't really push it on the 'ring and with the track temperature being close to 60 degrees the AD08R's were starting to struggle a little. Lots of tyre wear over one lap compared to say when it's 20 degrees so I didn't fancy doing too many laps at 25 Euros a pop. I do have a second pic I bought but they've not sent it though yet, will add later.

View attachment LFiCJCt.jpg

On to Bruges (if you haven't been, go!) while my mate went to the F1, I think the car was relieved to be underground for a few days!

l7nGExz.jpg

And back in the garage. I'll be bringing it out again this week or this weekend to give it a good wash. And while it's out, I'll sort the garage out as it seems to be breeding clutter in there.

ZbFq4nb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom