The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
Without Chris this show would have little to do with cars. Only he can really do the features.

At least the May and Clarkson were car journalists for quite a while. Also Matt Le Blanc at least knew quite a fair bit about cars, clearly a car nerd.

Soldato
Without Chris this show would have little to do with cars. Only he can really do the features.

At least the May and Clarkson were car journalists for quite a while. Also Matt Le Blanc at least knew quite a fair bit about cars, clearly a car nerd.
That would only matter if it was broadcasted live. The 'actors' can read off researched scripts with as many takes as they like so personal knowledge is not needed.

Soldato
Because top gear was never scripted with clarkson, may and hammond right? :o:o

Except they wrote it. Their knowledge and passion is in the words.

Chris Harris obviously scripts what he is going to say. But he isn't acting.

As car journalists they believe in what they say and would be able to hold a debate.

This series of top gear is worse than with Chris, Matt and Rory. At least they had a history and affinity with cars and it came across.

We'll see how well Paddy or Freddie handle a proper car feature piece.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Except they wrote it. Their knowledge and passion is in the words.

Chris Harris obviously scripts what he is going to say. But he isn't acting.

As car journalists they believe in what they say and would be able to hold a debate.

This series of top gear is worse than with Chris, Matt and Rory. At least they had a history and affinity with cars and it came across.

We'll see how well Paddy or Freddie handle a proper car feature piece.

Freddie is quite cringe worthy at times but at other times plays off Chris well with some genuine moments of hilarity - again it is just finding that 3rd person to make it all work and that isn't Paddy - I've nothing against him but he doesn't really add anything here and sits in a space someone could occupy who'd balance the other two in an interesting way - maybe not Edd China but someone along that lines who is quite easy going but interesting.

Soldato
I really like the three of them. Needs a smidge less daftness and smidge more car stuff.

I wish they would test actual cars rather than sports cars etc

Soldato
But normal cars are boring and have nothing interesting about them. We see them every day in large numbers and they are mostly all the same :p

Soldato
Just caught up on this and it's not that bad at all!

The electrifying lap was laugh out loud funny with their reactions and they have some genuine banter going on. It's early days yet but this is a much better effort than before.

The celebrity bit wasn't great although I skipped most of it - no one seems to know how to interview? But other than that it's definitely watchable.

Back
Top Bottom