Is violence against women now the new norm for the Tory party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Do you struggle with facts?

Preconceived notions based on the sex of a person is sexism (especially when it's about their psychological disposition and not just something they definitely can't change, so it's even worse), do you struggle with facts?

It's like saying woman are dumb at math's and should not be in the class, a common 19th-early 20th century pile of bigotry.

It is the inherent nature of women

Caporegime
Preconceived notions based on the sex of a person is sexism (especially when it's about their psychological disposition and not just something they definitely can't change, so it's even worse), do you struggle with facts?

It's like saying woman are dumb at math's and should not be in the class, a common 19th-early 20th century pile of bigotry.

Go make me a sammich ffs.

Soldato
If I hear an argument that sounds like it’s getting physical and one of the people involved shouting ‘get off me’ or words to that effect I’m calling the police. I’ve friends who have suffered domestic abuse and I wouldn't hesitate to have the police intervene. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Oof, look at the cool sexism.

So in nowadays. LlnmuGP.png

It's never been "out" :) In some immigrant communities it's at a level that would probably have you near a thrombosis. Generally speaking it's now far less palatable to many than it was 20 years ago however, so I doubt amongst white British it's any more "in" than it was of yore....`Tis just the way it is, and always will be.

Man of Honour
If I hear an argument that sounds like it’s getting physical and one of the people involved shouting ‘get off me’ or words to that effect I’m calling the police. I’ve friends who have suffered domestic abuse and I would hesitate to have the police intervene. Better safe than sorry.

Don’t jump down my throat, but did you mean that you “wouldn’t” hesitate?

Associate
If I hear an argument that sounds like it’s getting physical and one of the people involved shouting ‘get off me’ or words to that effect I’m calling the police. I’ve friends who have suffered domestic abuse and I would hesitate to have the police intervene. Better safe than sorry.

I think many would do this as well.

The only difference is, the pair in the news also ran off to the Newpapers afterwards. THAT, is where most normal people aren't going to even attempt to copy. And is it that (running off to the newspapaers at the same time), that most are condemning. Not the act of calling itself, that's cool with everyone as far as I can tell.

Caporegime
He phoned the Police because he's a Remainer and hates Boris, he basically said as much.

So you wouldn't call the police if you heard concerning shouting from another abode then? Would you feel bad if it had turned into a full domestic and done nothing about it?

Let me get this straight... it is apparently fine to defend Mark Field by spurious claims of fear of a million different hypothetical scenarios on the part of the protester, but it's not right to be concerned about a potential domestic if you potentially have a chance to resolve it before it results in a crime?

Nice to know, i'll make sure to never intrude on anyone's personal business no matter how obvious the abuse is (spectate like everyone else does), and that will surely make this country better and less lonely... and people wonder where the community spirit went.

The caller's political bias is not relevant before the fact in any manner unless it was totally fabricated (waste of police time).

Soldato
So you wouldn't call the police if you heard concerning shouting from another abode then? Would you feel bad if it had turned into a full domestic and done nothing about it?

Let me get this straight... it is apparently fine to defend Mark Field by spurious claims of fear of a million different hypothetical scenarios on the part of the protester, but it's not right to be concerned about a potential domestic if you potentially have a chance to resolve it before it results in a crime?

Nice to know, i'll make sure to never intrude on anyone's personal business no matter how obvious it is, and that will surely make this country better and less lonely.

The caller's political bias is not relevant before the fact in any manner unless it was totally fabricated (waste of police time).

He went to the Guardian AFTER the police told him there was no cause for concern.

Soldato
Apologies, your convo is at a different angle to which i originally thought.

I agree about calling the police if you think there is something potentially bad happening. Nothing wrong with it. His actions after though says volumes about what he wanted from it all..

That's the media aint it, outrage culture.

Caporegime
That's not to say their neighbours who are purposefully snooping on him for personal gain isn't morally repugnant, but i think in these repugnant times... not sure it even matters anymore.

It's all just celebrity fascination rather than the actual seriousness that it should be, honestly blame New Labour for the evolution of politics into character over substance, but it's all a bit too late to complain about something that frankly is down to the voters at the end of the day. Politics is just something to consume now along with every juicy tidbit of sleaze and intrigue that can be squeezed out of the political class.

Man of Honour

This does, of course, assume that the shouting etc isn't a form of abusive behaviour in itself. As someone who's first long term partner would, under current legislation, have been convicted of coercive control and domestic abuse quite easily, I'm a lot more wary of assuming that who the aggressor is, and of risking giving that aggressor another weapon to use in their controlling ways (as the police often suffer from the same biases around responsibility and blame when it comes to domestic abuse), if indeed that is the situation.

Now, to be explicitly clear, I'm not saying this is relevant in this case, I don't know either of them. But assuming that woman shouting means man guilty is simply giving the small proportion of women that behave in such a fashion both a pass and a weapon to use against their partner.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Three things strike me about many posts in this thread; some of you lot:
  1. would always cross the road to avoid getting involved in any dispute between a man and a woman - or anybody in fact - Good Samaritans and concerned citizens are "Losers"
  2. feel that the character, morals, and integrity of the Prime Minister of Great Britain simply don't matter
  3. seem remarkably keen to return to the moral standards of the 18th Century - you probably see Jacob Rees-Mogg as being a radical "Leftie"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom