Is violence against women now the new norm for the Tory party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So you wouldn't call the police if you heard concerning shouting from another abode then? Would you feel bad if it had turned into a full domestic and done nothing about it?

Let me get this straight... it is apparently fine to defend Mark Field by spurious claims of fear of a million different hypothetical scenarios on the part of the protester, but it's not right to be concerned about a potential domestic if you potentially have a chance to resolve it before it results in a crime?

Nice to know, i'll make sure to never intrude on anyone's personal business no matter how obvious the abuse is (spectate like everyone else does), and that will surely make this country better and less lonely... and people wonder where the community spirit went.

The caller's political bias is not relevant before the fact in any manner unless it was totally fabricated (waste of police time).

You're sat typing out these long winded justifications, yet really you absolutely despise Boris and the Tories. I'd phone the Police if I thought someone was getting hurt, I'd also go knock on the door if I was really concerned and not stand around waiting for the police. Then again I'm not a pathetic Guardian reader.

Soldato
Don’t jump down my throat, but did you mean that you “wouldn’t” hesitate?

Yeah edited original post now

This does, of course, assume that the shouting etc isn't a form of abusive behaviour in itself. As someone who's first long term partner would, under current legislation, have been convicted of coercive control and domestic abuse quite easily, I'm a lot more wary of assuming that who the aggressor is, and of risking giving that aggressor another weapon to use in their controlling ways (as the police often suffer from the same biases around responsibility and blame when it comes to domestic abuse), if indeed that is the situation.

Now, to be explicitly clear, I'm not saying this is relevant in this case, I don't know either of them. But assuming that woman shouting means man guilty is simply giving the small proportion of women that behave in such a fashion both a pass and a weapon to use against their partner.

Courts decide guilt. Police investigate potential crimes.

Man of Honour
Yeah edited original post now

Courts decide guilt. Police investigate potential crimes.

And the police have confirmed there is absolutely no crime here. The rest is just an idiotic partisan #£#)storm Being driven by vested interests abusing the emotional reaction to actual domestic abuse.

Soldato
Three things strike me about many posts in this thread; some of you lot:
  1. would always cross the road to avoid getting involved in any dispute between a man and a woman - or anybody in fact - Good Samaritans and concerned citizens are "Losers"
  2. feel that the character, morals, and integrity of the Prime Minister of Great Britain simply don't matter
  3. seem remarkably keen to return to the moral standards of the 18th Century - you probably see Jacob Rees-Mogg as being a radical "Leftie"

Most people would "want" to do something, many wouldn't though. The risk of intervening is pretty substantial and with knife front so high you have to consider that as well.

There was a social experiment done a while ago of the same scenario. Man shouting at a women in public, he got lynched.

Women doing the same, the bloke got laughed at.

Caporegime
There was a social experiment done a while ago of the same scenario. Man shouting at a women in public, he got lynched.

Women doing the same, the bloke got laughed at.

This is very vague and wishy-washy.

Where is this "social experiment" documented? How many times was it attempted, what was the sample size of participants?

Permabanned
This is very vague and wishy-washy.

Where is this "social experiment" documented? How many times was it attempted, what was the sample size of participants?

Its been done a few times I think, I have certainly seen videos of this "experiment". Not sure its particular an in depth or thorough scientific analysis though. :p

Essentially woman shouting at man/being a bit physical, everyone walks on. Man doing the same, some people intervene.

Soldato
Suffice to say as much as people want women to have equality, the same doesn't seem to apply when it applies to men.

What ever the arguement was about is none of our business and the people who recorded it (which is creepy too start with) and then proceeded to contact the papers even after the police had investigated and found absolutely nothing wrong. Well it's blatantly obvious that it was a politically motivated move.

One that is likely to be positive for BoJo as now J.Hunt wants to try and capitalize on someone else's misfortune.

Soldato
This country has hit the US standards of absurdity, it must be something in the English speaking world (see Australia as well, though Canada and NZ seem to be resisting) where we are losing the ability to be decent, in the obsessive desire to "win."

Those on the right will excuse anything, from anyone, if they reflect their political views. The left are just as bad though, the complete white washing of the anti semitism is horrific but ignored because it suits them.

We are going to a bad place where compromise between different "groups" is disappearing and people must "win" every arguement and be "right" about everything. The left doesn't have the answer, the right doesn't have the answer, as with anything the best solutions are almost always found in the Greys between the extremes but we are losing the ability to have these conversations.

I say it's an English speaking problem as you look at most other Northern European countries and they are markedly different and don't seem to be following this route, especially the Scandics.

Its a sad world where people let their egos block things getting better, but hey, at least you'll be the winner standing atop the mess :rolleyes:

Associate
.wtf, a far lefty neighbour calls the police because she hears raised voices around the same time decision for new prime minister has to be made. Didn't realise an argument between husband and wife means violence.
What on earth are you loonies smoking?

Soldato
.wtf, a far lefty neighbour calls the police because she hears raised voices around the same time decision for new prime minister has to be made. Didn't realise an argument between husband and wife means violence.

They aren't married and if anyone hears raised voices that sound like violence is either happening or imminent they should call the police.

Associate
They aren't married and if anyone hears raised voices that sound like violence is either happening or imminent they should call the police.

but violence wasn't happening and violence wasn't imminent, people raise they're voices its human nature to argue.

just because a couple are having a heated exchange does not mean man had a girlfriend in a headlock or vice versa, it's very much down to the situation.

If like someone has mentioned you can hear banging and screaming " get off me" or words to that effect then yea good call. Waste of police time just because you've heard some shouting.

Have any recording been released yet? Or is it all down to what Boris's lefty neighbors account?

Caporegime

What a minute

How do we know this neighbour is a "far lefty"?

Because he voted Remain?

Soldato
but violence wasn't happening and violence wasn't imminent, people raise they're voices its human nature to argue.

just because a couple are having a heated exchange does not mean man had a girlfriend in a headlock or vice versa, it's very much down to the situation.

If like someone has mentioned you can hear banging and screaming " get off me" or words to that effect then yea good call. Waste of police time just because you've heard some shouting.

Have any recording been released yet? Or is it all down to what Boris's lefty neighbors account?

How do you know violence wasn't imminent? No one but the neighbours, Boris and his girlfriend know what was being shouted. If the police thought it was made up they could have arrested the neighbours for wasting police time.

Associate
What a minute

How do we know this neighbour is a "far lefty"?

Because he voted Remain?

a quick google will feed you back a dozen or so articles to review..... it's clear to see they have an agenda. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...rs-admit-taping-boris-johnson-row-girlfriend/

btw I'm not a conservative or labour I hate them as much as the other. I don't like Boris either he is an idiot and the other candidate is dog **** too. I'm just not buying the whole Boris is a violent wife beater agenda.
The police came to a call, nothing of concern, yet media still drumming it here there everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom