• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Well depends what you expect from your hardware but, for perspective, my current rig has lasted 10 years mostly due to Intel's stagnation and the nice Xeon upgrade path (which doesn't really exist with modern platforms). I expected it to last 5 years at the time. Now competition has returned I am going to buy an R7 3700X or 3800X and expect it to last ~5 years. Worst case scenario I can bump it to an R7 4800X or something down the line but that's why I'm erring on the side of getting X570 for PCIe 4.0. If I was only expecting it to last 2-3 years then I'd definitely just get an X470 board.

Thanx well i would like a decent gaming machine to compete with next gen, il probably get a x570 mini itx board if they aint priced too high.

Man of Honour
Pretty happy with my 8086k, clocked it to 5.2 Ghz now so it shouldn't have issues with any game for until I guess the end of this year or maybe another year after that. At least by that point the Zen 2 platform will have matured and prices settled.

I'm more interested in the Zen 2 based EPYC CPUs as I fancy replacing my 3 Supermicro E200-8D servers with one single 2U EPYC based rack mount and nest my vCenter environment on it.

Associate
giphy.gif

:D:D:D

Associate
If you can wait a while, these prices will drop, they always do.

My wifi keeps failing on my motherboard so its time to upgrade, i could buy a wifi adapter but my cpu is bottlenecking now so i want an upgrade, i need to purchase ideally in the next 3 months so hopefully theres some price drops

Associate
Heres the link for that bracket, i used one with my H75 for a while :)

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...et-Kit-for-Hydro-Series™-Coolers/p/CW-8960046

Seems like they're hard to get hold of now, will take some searching, not available on OcUK anymore either.

Didn't realise they'd gone out of stock. Glad I got mine earlier this year.

Annoying that Corsair charge for it. Noctua tend to give free mounting kits for coolers which are not already compatible with the respective socket out of the box, just need to apply for it online. Probably baked into the Noctua premium price I guess.

Back
Top Bottom