BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
It was the same for me. I got the letter back in February too and June 12th was my first available appointment. I took the car there and they gave me a 530i loaner car for the day which was nice, but that initial appointment is just to inspect the EGR cooler. None of the BMW dealers seem to keep EGR cooler parts in stock for some reason, so if they deem it needs replacing they'll keep hold of it and they likely won't let you have it back but they will arrange a hire car for you. I've had the 420i for 8 days now and there's still no news of when I'll get my car back. I suspect it'll be a couple more weeks yet. If you're lucky and it doesn't need replacing then you're all good so here's hoping.

They wouldn't let me take my car back for a couple of days so I could drive to France for work on safety grounds which I suppose is fair enough as they don't want to be liable if anything did go wrong but I would've at least thought they'd let me have it back if I accepted all responsibility.

Soldato
I have an issue with my 2017 1 Series, it's really hesistant when increasing speed, almost like it's kangarooing. I've booked it into my local BMW garage (Rybrook) and the earliest they can inspect is two weeks to the day. Fair enough, I guess, but they've also said I need to pay - not deposit - but pay £15 for the insurance on the courtesy car.

It's a bit odd as my partner is having her Mini inspected for an issue this week at the Mini on the same forecourt, still Rybrook, and no charge at all - even though she is also getting a courtesy car.

Has anyone else had this charge before? Bit cheeky really, spend £26k on a car and have it develop an issue, only to be told you're paying for the insurance on the courtesy car.

Man of Honour
Got the new 330i M Sport in Portimao Blue as a courtesy car today. Very impressed so far!

Saw the new X7 and 7 Series with the massive grilles and to be honest they look very imposing, quite like them, especially the 7 Series.

Associate
I have an issue with my 2017 1 Series, it's really hesistant when increasing speed, almost like it's kangarooing. I've booked it into my local BMW garage (Rybrook) and the earliest they can inspect is two weeks to the day. Fair enough, I guess, but they've also said I need to pay - not deposit - but pay £15 for the insurance on the courtesy car.

It's a bit odd as my partner is having her Mini inspected for an issue this week at the Mini on the same forecourt, still Rybrook, and no charge at all - even though she is also getting a courtesy car.

Has anyone else had this charge before? Bit cheeky really, spend £26k on a car and have it develop an issue, only to be told you're paying for the insurance on the courtesy car.

I've always signed the sheet for the insurance on the courtesy car but never had to pay it.

Soldato
Got the new 330i M Sport in Portimao Blue as a courtesy car today. Very impressed so far!

Saw the new X7 and 7 Series with the massive grilles and to be honest they look very imposing, quite like them, especially the 7 Series.

I wasn't that excited by the new 3 series but I popped into my local dealer a month or so ago and in the flesh I really like it. Just now have to wait for the M340i prices to drop to something I can afford, so probably 3+ years away :(

Soldato
Soldato
3 series looks very nice, although for shape I preferred F30 (I'm in a minority over here :D )
Only shame is now all models look similar. Even 320d has dual pipes - that's so crap.

Soldato
I've always signed the sheet for the insurance on the courtesy car but never had to pay it.

Same here. I asked why this was charged now, and that it seemed entirely unreasonable, but the staff seemed nonchalant about it. If I want the courtesy car, it's going to cost me.

Tweeted BMW UK about it and they've backed Rybrook too.

Soldato
Soldato
I also noticed that, wonder if they are both active or if one is fake? Used to be easy to spot a 335i/340i with the F30 but now won't be.
No idea, I imagine they are both real as BMW seem to be avoiding the fake exhaust team for now. Probably just split off at the end of a single exhaust pipe. Still sucks.

Associate
Same here. I asked why this was charged now, and that it seemed entirely unreasonable, but the staff seemed nonchalant about it. If I want the courtesy car, it's going to cost me.

Tweeted BMW UK about it and they've backed Rybrook too.

I hope that’s not the case. I’m dropping my car off in a couple of weeks and nobody mentioned anything about courtesy car fees or inspection fees.

My other car is a Skoda and they mentioned both within a second of me asking them to look at something.

If it’s for servicing fair enough, although for a ‘premium’ brand as BMW is considered to be I’d expect them to give a car for free. For an inspection due to a fault though, i would expect a free replacement from anyone, as if the car is in warranty and theres a fault, you are left to dry at your expense.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Dropped the 5 back in for the drive train issue
Picked the car up as apparently the issue was all sorted, again - but as I left work it happened again(!) so left it with them :(

Finally got the 5 back and looking like all fixed by a DP *cough* and a remap. Engine must have been choked on the exhaust as well as the intake.

Remap has taken from 290 to 360bhp and 600 to 700nm torque. It is bloody fast! Effortless pace! Top speed goes off the speedo but I don't know how far as I papped it before it stopped which is saying something! All I can say is epic.

Now how best can I get bigger brakes without spending a fortune on Brembos? OEM from the 760i/550i easy enough?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Verdict on the new 3 series - good, but not as good as a well specced F10, or G30. It's better than the previous model though by quite a bit.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Re: my f11 big brake cheap skate upgrade

From using the Google I have found the below which apparently fit. I've no idea how to confirm, also I'm not sure where to find oem parts for a good price.

Amy help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Rears from the 550i:

Rear Rotor (345x24)- 34216775289
Rear Caliper- 34216793047 and 34216793048
Rear Caliper Carrier- 34216793053 and 34216793054
Rear Pads- 34216775346

Fronts from a 760i:

Front Rotors: 34116789543 and 34116789544
Front Calipers: 34116786827 and 34116786828
Front Caliper Carrier: 34116786829
Front Pads: 34116794464

Soldato
If it’s for servicing fair enough, although for a ‘premium’ brand as BMW is considered to be I’d expect them to give a car for free. For an inspection due to a fault though, i would expect a free replacement from anyone, as if the car is in warranty and theres a fault, you are left to dry at your expense.

It was odd, i dropped my wifes car off for a service and it had mentioned £20 for the courtesy car. I classed it as a cheap hire car cost to try something different. Yet for some reason when i was there they didn't mentioned anything about it on the day.

As you say though, i'd expect it to be offered on warranty repair work.

Soldato
It was odd, i dropped my wifes car off for a service and it had mentioned £20 for the courtesy car. I classed it as a cheap hire car cost to try something different. Yet for some reason when i was there they didn't mentioned anything about it on the day.

As you say though, i'd expect it to be offered on warranty repair work.

I see that point of view, too. But with something that's clearly a fault of the car I don't see the benefit of buying something in warranty, and then being charged for the pleasure of it being fixed. It's a nominal value don't get me wrong, it's just the principle. Obviously I could've made arrangements to be picked up from the garage and not incurred Rybrook's charge, but I've have had to pay elsewhere.

Anyway, I didn't properly explain the issue with my car.

It's lurching forward quite aggressively at times, almost like it's a lumpy and misfiring, I can't quite put my finger on it. It feels like it's kangarooing, especially when cold, but the issue doesn't go away entirely when warm either.

Hopefully they can diagnose it...

Back
Top Bottom