• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 2080ti

Associate
Its not transferable. May have been in the past but its not now. I just went through the details when I sold my 2080ti. You can unregister the product from your account but they have added text now that says that once you do they will not provide support for the card and it can not be re-registered to another person as the serial is effectively deleted from their database.
Well that sucks, at least if you sell it on the MM you can offer support after

Soldato
Its not transferable. May have been in the past but its not now. I just went through the details when I sold my 2080ti. You can unregister the product from your account but they have added text now that says that once you do they will not provide support for the card and it can not be re-registered to another person as the serial is effectively deleted from their database.

That's odd, or I just got lucky, as I registered a 2nd hand 2080ti with them last week.

Maybe the original owner didn't register the card to an account ( I didn't ask ).

Soldato
It's fine, stuff it in and rip it. There might be some outliers but generally it's a great match. Sure you can drop 800 GBP to upgrade your cpu/mobo/ram but that will give you what, like 10 extra frames ?

^^This - I'd get the card 1st, drop it in. PLay with overclocking your current CPU, buy a wattage monitor you can plug into the wall and go from there. Sure you could spend £2000 on a whole system and get 140fps with a 2080ti but you'll probabaly get 130fps by buying just the card. Top CPU just raises the minumum fps which increases the average fps. If and when you start seeing and learning about stutter etc and all the other things that you cant unsee once you've learnt about it - then look at the rest of your system.
You dont say what you are upgrading from but a 2080 will be a great card at 1440.

Associate
^^This - I'd get the card 1st, drop it in. PLay with overclocking your current CPU, buy a wattage monitor you can plug into the wall and go from there. Sure you could spend £2000 on a whole system and get 140fps with a 2080ti but you'll probabaly get 130fps by buying just the card. Top CPU just raises the minumum fps which increases the average fps. If and when you start seeing and learning about stutter etc and all the other things that you cant unsee once you've learnt about it - then look at the rest of your system.
You dont say what you are upgrading from but a 2080 will be a great card at 1440.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-pc-intel-core-i5-8600k-4.8ghz-fs-1bv-og.html
Thats his system.

Soldato
That's odd, or I just got lucky, as I registered a 2nd hand 2080ti with them last week.

Maybe the original owner didn't register the card to an account ( I didn't ask ).
Possibly. As far as I’m aware, only EVGA and MSI warranty the card rather than just the original purchaser which is why I went with an MSI card.

Associate
The warranty follows the product and not the person. The warranty is available for a time period of no more than 3* years from the EVGA shipping date. Long termwarranties, purchased extended warranties and EAR plans do not transfer. Registration of the product under another user's account is possible.

Thats from EVGA's site

https://www.evga.com/articles/00671/

Soldato
Possibly lucky, have a look under your account where the card is registered it mentions about what happens if you get rid of the card.

It says that "Unregistering your product will remove the product from your 'My Products' page and it will not be possible to register that serial number again."

I'm assuming that just means that I personally cannot re-register the same serial to my account again, because if it meant that nobody could re-register the serial in the future then it would contradict what their own warranty terms state, as Apone70 pointed out above.

Guess I'll find out in 18 or so months when / if I try & sell the card on again.

Soldato
I’ve seen a few threads of people accidentally deregistering their cards, promptly sorted by EVGA. Be a stupid idea to have the choice to deregister your card and loose all warranty forever. “Sorry you accidentally pressed the de-register button your 10yrs warranty is now invalid”

With regards to warranty it is still transferable as the card can be registered more than once as it goes off serial number. As long as you have a valid proof of purchase. There is no real need to de-register the card, although I’m nearly certain if the original owner did this it could be registered again by the new owner.

Back
Top Bottom