Samsung A70 6.7" 4500 no curved screen ~£400

Soldato
Just done my cash back and on the last step even though I uploaded a PDF of the receipt from the Samsung website order and a photo it said I didn't give enough info !! anyone else get that.

The phone though is pretty awesome so far.

Caporegime
Just done my cash back and on the last step even though I uploaded a PDF of the receipt from the Samsung website order and a photo it said I didn't give enough info !! anyone else get that.

The phone though is pretty awesome so far.

Yeah mine did the same, I just uploaded everything I had and it worked fine.

Soldato
Anyone else fitted a screen protector ? I did today and re registered my finger prints but can not get it to unlock that way, thinking of taking it back off already.

Soldato
Have you ticked the option in settings which increase the sensitivity if you have a screen protector on.?

Also I deleted my finger print and then used my thumb, making three copies of the same thumb. If you do that and test it, same screen, I note that it sometimes sees the print as any of the three saved, even tho it is the same thumb.

It was a problem at first tho when I fiitted the protector. Better now.

Also I now use the facial recognition as well.

Soldato
Mine works with a tempered glass protector. Works badly, but no worse than when it wasn't on.

Mine is definitely worse with it on.
Have you ticked the option in settings which increase the sensitivity if you have a screen protector on.?

Also I deleted my finger print and then used my thumb, making three copies of the same thumb. If you do that and test it, same screen, I note that it sometimes sees the print as any of the three saved, even tho it is the same thumb.

It was a problem at first tho when I fiitted the protector. Better now.

Also I now use the facial recognition as well.

I have turned on the extra sensitivity option and programed only one thumb three times but it still no use, I have trusted device on which works with my Fitbit but when I'm not wearing it would prefer FPS.

Soldato
Mines the same, didnt turn on the extra sensitivity- 'forgot about it tbh lol

Does your A70 have the latest May(?) update.?
IIRC that one improved the fps.

After doing my thumb, some say a black wallpaper helps, mine has been great.

I found that sunlight ruins the FPR entirely, its completely impossible for me to unlock mine with the FPR in direct sunlight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mines the same, disnt turn on the extra sensitivity- 'forgot about it tbh lol

I found that sunlight ruins the FPR entirely, its completely impossible for me to unlock mine with the FPR in direct sunlight.

What sunlight?!

Are you on holiday, not seen any this year :D

Someone complained about the facial recognition not being sensitive enough in low light but mine works fine with just a low lamp on sat up in bed.

Both the fps and facial recognition has been good so far.

Soldato
I dropped my p20 pro.. totally destroyed :(

I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow for 9 nights.

Had a look at the A70 at john Lewis yesterday. Very impressive phone. I took some photos there and looks 'okay' for indoor pictures.

New p20 pro at JL is £499 now.

Is £130 extra worth to get the P20 pro over the A70?

Soldato
Is £130 extra worth to get the P20 pro over the A70?

One is a massive phone at 6.7", the other is a hand-sized 6.1". If you're going to live with the phone for a while after you get back from Barcelona, do you prefer one size over the other?

A Mi 9 would be a decent bet, but I don't think you can buy them on the high street.

Soldato
Did anyone try getting the 4% cashback through TCB in addition to the £60 that Samsung are offering?

Yeah, they are completely separate promotions so no risk.

My A50 worked out nicely, £309 - £100 trade in - £50 cashback - £8.36 TCB = £150.64, spent £10 on an Android phone to trade in so all together cost me just over £160. Bargain.

Back
Top Bottom