What retro game would you like to see modernised?

Don
Gunship 2000

Just the right amount of sim Vs arcade, career progression with ranks, commanding multiple helicopter missions, and ongoing Campaigns. Just needs a graphical update, and maybe add some more modern military hardware.

Soldato
Gunship 2000

Just the right amount of sim Vs arcade, career progression with ranks, commanding multiple helicopter missions, and ongoing Campaigns. Just needs a graphical update, and maybe add some more modern military hardware.
Omg! Is that the game with the apache that has ride of the valkeries at the title, the helicopter Rises up and shoots at you?

Comanche maximum overkill was similar game on dos, at the time I thought the graphics were like real life

Last edited:
Soldato
They would be all 2d and modernising wouldn't really mean better. You can't really reproduce the old 8bit games. Maybe harrier attack on mobile.

Man of Honour
Gunship 2000

Don't change the frame rate though, I remember that being silky smooth!

Associate
GTA Vice City holds a special place, so I would love to see that modernised.

Haven't thought of Syndicate in a long, long, long while until I read answers here. It's bringing me back!

Soldato
Paradroid (PAradroid 90 was fantastic on the amiga. an isometric version was planned a few years back - and shelved).

Stunt Car Racer. I once thought Track mania would be that game........... but it wasnt. (defintiely needs to have a VR mode too).

Midwinter - again a reboot was considered but seems to have stalled. (another one which would surely benefit vr options).

As for platformers like chuckie egg or dizzy or monty mole, or flood, or jet set willy - personally i would definitely enjoy playing such a game but for me i think they would have to be proper budget releases... i could not imagine me paying £10+ for them!.

Soldato
I'd like to see The Sentinel/Archipelagos given a tarting up, maybe with some kind of fleshed out campaign mode rather than an infinite series of procedural maps.

Soldato
Hunter would be a great game on todays machines.

Bloodwych/Dungeon Master (I know we have Legends of Grimrock which is good but just isn't as good as DM).

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - the first one was really great with a brilliant story - just needs it's graphics updating.

I have loads more :D

M.

Soldato
Paradroid (PAradroid 90 was fantastic on the amiga. an isometric version was planned a few years back - and shelved).

Stunt Car Racer. I once thought Track mania would be that game........... but it wasnt. (defintiely needs to have a VR mode too).

Midwinter - again a reboot was considered but seems to have stalled. (another one which would surely benefit vr options).

As for platformers like chuckie egg or dizzy or monty mole, or flood, or jet set willy - personally i would definitely enjoy playing such a game but for me i think they would have to be proper budget releases... i could not imagine me paying £10+ for them!.
Hunter would be a great game on todays machines.

Bloodwych/Dungeon Master (I know we have Legends of Grimrock which is good but just isn't as good as DM).

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - the first one was really great with a brilliant story - just needs it's graphics updating.

I have loads more :D

M.
Midwinter and Hunter both were so very very far ahead of their times, they would be excellent in reboots, truly

Back
Top Bottom