PU or real Leather on the Noble chairs

Associate
I want to buy a Noble gaming chair but, how durable is the PU leather? The chair I have now is an Argos office chair and the PU leather was cracking and tearing after a year. Would the PU on the Noble last much longer or am just better off going with the real leather version?

Thanks

Associate
Hi you just about answered your own question there!
Myself i'd never buy anything PU Leather had crap passed of as leather lasted less time than took to type this out!

If not real leather go with Fabric.
Leather you can treat Fabric you can clean/wash but PU can do niether

Associate
I got the PU version, had it almost 3 years now and it still looks as good as it did when it arrived.

I'm sure this was raised a few times before and there weren't any examples at the time of any issues with durability.

Associate
I bought my daughter a Nitro concepts C80 gaming chair that was PU leather. Just after the years warranty the PU coating started to peel off. I was surprised how thin it was. Until that point I thought the when it had leather in the name that it was some sort of leather - which it is not. I would advise against getting anything that is PU leather and get real leather - you will need to read the descriptions carefully.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I'd deffo go with real leather over PU

As for cleaning/Maintenance get some Autoglym Leather cleaner and grab the conditioner too :)
Kept my car interior spot on, don't see why it would work on these.

Never know if ye keep yer eyes open on the forum you might find a bargain :)

Associate
I want to buy a Noble gaming chair but, how durable is the PU leather? The chair I have now is an Argos office chair and the PU leather was cracking and tearing after a year. Would the PU on the Noble last much longer or am just better off going with the real leather version?

Thanks

Agree with most of the responses here. I'd opt for authentic over PU leather all day, every day. There is the 'small matter' of cost, obviously, but if you factor in the durability of real leather (never mind the comfort!), then perhaps it would be better to delay the purchase a month or two or three and save up a couple more quid to splurge on the real thing.

Speaking of real, Noble have a great offering in the ICON - designed with gamers in mind, and guess what? It's made from comfy Italian leather that's also big on breathability. But what you'll probably love about it even more is the fact that it substitutes perfectly as an executive office chair, so you don't need an extra seat for work, study or any other such interests. Actually, it has some pretty decent reviews, even being named one of the best real leather office chairs. Ergonomics-wise it is spot-on, it boasts 4D armrests, and a recline angle of 45”.

I'm not sure which Argos you're using atm, but chances are you'll have to dig deeper for the NobleChairs model - which probably isn't too bad considering you won't be dipping into the market any time soon.

The alternative is to look for pocket-friendlier options. PC Gamer has a bunch that hover below the £150 mark, nice enough options that will get the job done, but you know how it goes - the cheaper the model, yada yada...

The Vertagear S-Line SL4000 is another option that gives you the best of both worlds in terms features vs. price, and should come in at less than £300, although the cost savings will differ substantially depending on where you get it from.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Icon cognac leather chair today.

Back
Top Bottom