• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Card for i5-760

Associate
Hey, basically I haven't upgraded my PC in a good while, I have i5-760 and 5830 since my 580 died, I was wondering what card would be best for that cpu now a days, without a bottleneck. I'm not playing anything demanding probs just WoW at high settings.

Thanks.

Associate
first question -budget?
another 580 would be a good match for that, depending on what kind of games you play, may be able to get away with less GPU if what you want to play isn't too damanding on the cup side

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

Budget is cheap as possible really as I'll probably just be playing WoW on higher settings and it's not a demanding game. Are 580's still on the market? Also I know graphics cards have advanced since I used to upgrade hardware and I'm guessing most newer cards would bottleneck with my cpu, so just wondering what's the best card I could get for that cpu now, with no bottlenecking.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply.

Budget is cheap as possible really as I'll probably just be playing WoW on higher settings and it's not a demanding game. Are 580's still on the market? Also I know graphics cards have advanced since I used to upgrade hardware and I'm guessing most newer cards would bottleneck with my cpu, so just wondering what's the best card I could get for that cpu now, with no bottlenecking.

Ha Ha I bet LeMson thought you were on about an AMD RX 580 not an Nvidia GTX 580 ! People forget how AMD/NVIDIA confuse matters with using each others revision numbers.

As above an AMD RX 570 would be ideal for your system. Not sure how the Antec 300 would cope with it, I imagine so ?? 570 uses about 168W.

Soldato
I had a GTX 460 so nvidia 5 series passed me by, but yeah it is daft how we come back around to names :) 570 would be a massive upgrade to a 580 in this case then :p

Associate
OP
Ha Ha I bet LeMson thought you were on about an AMD RX 580 not an Nvidia GTX 580 ! People forget how AMD/NVIDIA confuse matters with using each others revision numbers.

As above an AMD RX 570 would be ideal for your system. Not sure how the Antec 300 would cope with it, I imagine so ?? 570 uses about 168W.

As in it may not fit in my case? So think I'd be alright with a 600w power supply?

Back
Top Bottom