Battlefield servers which use different anti-cheat

Associate
The current anti-cheat measures for Battlefield series is pretty bad from a technical perspective. It is easy to bypass the anti-cheat from a programming perspective.
Is there any custom Battlefield servers which use different anti-cheat? For example, the standard anti-cheat for CS GO is VAC. But there are servers or platforms which use different anti-cheat for CS such as ESEA, FaceIt, EAC, sXe Injected etc. and those servers are much better than VAC.

Associate
Punkbuster used to be efficient in Battlefield 4, quickly banning any new cheats. Obviously with EA scrapping PB, I do not think they update it anymore, so cheating is a problem.
BF1 and BFV both use fair fight amongst other things, which is not as effective at spotting cheaters IMO

Caporegime
In BF3&4 you had servers with really human admins that were judge jury and executioner when it came to cheat detection.

Of course they had downsides too...
Indeed. Such as a Server admin sitting in a tank on Kharg island shooting out from Russian spawn then kicking anyone who shot back for shooting into Spawn.

Soldato
Punkbuster used to be efficient in Battlefield 4, quickly banning any new cheats. Obviously with EA scrapping PB, I do not think they update it anymore, so cheating is a problem.
BF1 and BFV both use fair fight amongst other things, which is not as effective at spotting cheaters IMO
I thought it was quite good. If using ESP or anything with an OSD as it uploads screenshots of the game so easy to detect and ban people.

Associate
I thought it was quite good. If using ESP or anything with an OSD as it uploads screenshots of the game so easy to detect and ban people.
It seems that is an easy work around however. And an aimbot would not be picked up by screenshots if the ESP is turned off

Associate
OP

There are ways to avoid screenshot detection, like hooking Windows screenshot functions etc.
Or you can draw ESP boxes on another computer.
Some people use virtual machines with GPU pass through to draw ESP boxes in the host machine to avoid detection.

So, Punkbuster is not enough. :(

Man of Honour
In BF3&4 you had servers with really human admins that were judge jury and executioner when it came to cheat detection.

Of course they had downsides too...

Had a funny false positive instance once - spectating a guy I was sure was cheating (and sure enough got kicked later by PB) - before I realised that you could shoot the overhead pipes in Operation Locker to trigger the flames from the spectator perspective I could see an enemy player on the other side of the ceiling where he was shooting at and thought he'd got confused by his wallhack and given himself away for a moment but it was just coincidence even though it looked like he messed up from outright cheating. From dozens of other instances though it was clear he was cheating in general though.

One of the big giveaways of someone using an aimbot if you play enough and have compared legit players versus verified cheaters before to see the difference is that cheaters rarely fine tune their aim with small strafe movements as the aimbot is doing most of the crosshairs movement for them while most players make liberal use of small strafe nudges to zero their aim and once you notice the difference it is quite telling - there are a small number of very high level players who've isolated their foot and aim movement mentally kind of like a tank turret versus body that can look like a cheater in that respect but the chances of running into someone like that in reality is very very low and usually they are well known players.

Back
Top Bottom