World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
There's been quite a backlash about it. I think they'll reverse it and add different realms for non-English.

If they don't, all the different countries are organising what realms they're playing on in the official forums so at least people should have some idea.

It seems to be a really strange decision though.

Don
There's been quite a backlash about it. I think they'll reverse it and add different realms for non-English.

If they don't, all the different countries are organising what realms they're playing on in the official forums so at least people should have some idea.

It seems to be a really strange decision though.
I think it'll back fire spectacularly, as you say, there will be unofficial realms and if say one is picked to be the unofficial english realm, it could be so popular that they'll never get layering turned off.

Soldato

He's right I spend whole day thinking hes right. Blizzard can You make it so I can destroy rest of my life playing wow again Ill pay 15 quid a month for ruining my life like back in a day. I'w tried everything even chemicals dont give me same fun satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment as Wow back in classic/tbc/wotlk. I still consider that One year of playing 16-17 hours a day every day Best time of my life. Cost me loads of money still best year of my life TOTALLY WORTH IT.

I was free still played but bit here and there. Got hooked up on Working out running healthy diet ect,.
After i started having massive back problems last year I cant run much Cant work out... Only doing physiotherapy that dont really help. I just want to have something to keep my mind off suicidal thinking and get occupied after work till I die this is it. The classic wow.

Are you me? I had college 2.5 days a week and still skived to play wow all day. I'm some how now in a decent job now, I lift weights, I own a house, I've had serious relationships. WoW back when I was 18/19 was the best time I've had though. Damn. You should do some exercise if you can though?

Permabanned
The only issue i have here is i did the Helya or Helga in Maw of souls and compared to MC and BWL it was jaw dropping. Basically you wish BWL and Maw of souls had a baby.

Watching people do MC again is like ASMR woodwork compared to the style of maw of souls and thus i find myself torn between the two. Modern wow looks great but plays rubbish and old wow plays great and looks rubbish.

Soldato
The beta is pretty dead. The only people left are absolute cancer. A couple of small time pserver streamers and their last few ogling, desperate fans trying to become somebody.

Not sure what's going to happen. Everyone crying for a new level cap but I doubt it. 8.2 is about to drop and they want everyone on that. Seems more likely they'll just open up more testrealms with premades to test specific content now.

Man of Honour
The beta is pretty dead. The only people left are absolute cancer. A couple of small time pserver streamers and their last few ogling, desperate fans trying to become somebody.

Not sure what's going to happen. Everyone crying for a new level cap but I doubt it. 8.2 is about to drop and they want everyone on that. Seems more likely they'll just open up more testrealms with premades to test specific content now.

I've seen some people who have put in 16 hours a day, every day, throughout the beta. Absolutely nuts. Its literally like those people have regressed 15 years and are back sitting playing it nonstop with music playing in the background , surrounded by junkfood and fizzy drinks, like the last 15 years of their lives never happened. It might have been one thing to have played like that 15 years ago but if people get so heavily sucked in like that again now that they're 15 years older I can foresee some very angry bosses and spouses :D

Soldato
I've seen some people who have put in 16 hours a day, every day, throughout the beta. Absolutely nuts. Its literally like those people have regressed 15 years and are back sitting playing it nonstop with music playing in the background , surrounded by junkfood and fizzy drinks, like the last 15 years of their lives never happened. It might have been one thing to have played like that 15 years ago but if people get so heavily sucked in like that again now that they're 15 years older I can foresee some very angry bosses and spouses :D

lol christ, I really don't see the point when all your progress is going to be wiped. I know what Classic was like I don't need to test it out.

Soldato
OP
Are you me? I had college 2.5 days a week and still skived to play wow all day. I'm some how now in a decent job now, I lift weights, I own a house, I've had serious relationships. WoW back when I was 18/19 was the best time I've had though. Damn. You should do some exercise if you can though?

I was the same... Yet here I am, married, emigrated to the states, working in one of the biggest tech companies with a wealthy large chunk of stock and income from my job. My wife is a gamer (more hardcore than me) and earns similar. She too was a WoW nerd back in the day. Although GW was more her jam.

We're both active, healthy, regularly work out and have a doggo. Yet... We both know the moment classic drops we'll have to take some time off, we're about to go to Hawaii for 2.5 weeks to an exclusive resort, then Poland for a week 2 weeks later for a family wedding of hers. When we come back, it's time for WoW! Thankfully we both have unlimited holiday lol.

Don
Beta set to end on July 12th. Barely anybody still playing anyway.

I was super looking forward to the beta close event but I'm getting married that day :D
Sounds like beta really was just a hype machine for streamers to stream it.

Still sounds like a lot of issues haven’t been fixed as well, and the level cap is still 40?

Man of Honour
Sounds like beta really was just a hype machine for streamers to stream it.

Still sounds like a lot of issues haven’t been fixed as well, and the level cap is still 40?

There was a video the other day where someone did a /who on each zone and it had like 4 people in each zone. Even Stormwind only had 21 people in it. I guess a lot of folks got bored and left

Don
There was a video the other day where someone did a /who on each zone and it had like 4 people in each zone. Even Stormwind only had 21 people in it. I guess a lot of folks got bored and left
Aye, seen a few people saying they didn’t want to invest time into the beta and certainly most streamers didn’t seem to be too interested in reporting issues either.

Blizzards social interaction has dried up as well, went from a really good phase early on to basically nothing again.

Soldato
The level cap is still 40. Blizzards internal testing has been the 60 stuff so there was no need to raise it.

It's weird. People have been so vitriolic about this beta. It's not a full game, it's a test where you're supposed to give feedback. Yes, they invited all the big streamers to help push free promotion. That's sensible.

The timing was just unfortunate. Most went back to 8.2 and after everyone powered to 40 as fast as possible those people ran out of things to do.

Still, looking forward to the release.

Soldato
Colleague at work is pretty stoked about this, about the only other person I know IRL that actually played WoW back in the day. I quit in ~2008 just before WotLK came out so had some fond memories of TBC (Karazhan I'm looking at you) and pre-AQ/Naxx Vanilla content as only cleared up to BWL.

After going through all the class specs again for some reason I still end up landing on my two most-played classes I'll probably roll again this time round - Warlock and Warrior. I just loved the versatility you could do with either. Wasn't much of an Arms fan though as mainly did PvE.

Soldato
OP
It's odd people complaining about a beta being dead, it's been open a while and there is nothing to do at 40 aside from run the same dungeons.

I'm kinda hoping it will be dead after the first few weeks when it goes live, I'm going to take my sweet time and will be using this as a scapegoat from other games. I just want this to be relaxed mindless fun

Back
Top Bottom