Some bits of trim to block the stupid fake door vents on the Supra: £3752

Full set of carbon fibre doors and wings for GT86: £3765

WAT

Last edited:
Soldato
Some bits of trim to block the stupid fake door vents on the Supra: £3752

Full set of carbon fibre doors and wings for GT86: £3765

WAT

I think I'd prefer the fake door vents rather than a big slab or carbon fibre covering it, even if it is genuine :(
I'd rather take a piece of body coloured plastic for a tenth of the price.

Soldato
OP
So for the last two days, people that put money down have been driving Supras at Thruxton. Dealers get to drive them tomorrow.

I know of at least one person here who’s there, so spill people I need to hear all about it :D

Soldato
Damnnnn i kniow what car id pick :D Could shave some nice weight off 86 then

Yea you can get other panels in CF, but the bonnet is already aluminium and the boot barely exists so doesn't weigh much anyway. Maybe It's possible to get it under a ton without stripping everything like carpets and AC etc, but I've not seen an example yet :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yea you can get other panels in CF, but the bonnet is already aluminium and the boot barely exists so doesn't weigh much anyway. Maybe It's possible to get it under a ton without stripping everything like carpets and AC etc, but I've not seen an example yet :)
ye i hate Stripped cars. For weight reduction in My case I go this way
1. Wheels biggest impact on well everything. 2. Light battery can shave 5-6kg depends what You got 3. spare wheel but cars dont tend to have them nowadays 4. Seats can get lighter and better.
Then it gets expensive like Boot lid and doors made off carbon. Other Carbon parts dont really shave much weight lets face it :p

O and if someone is fat ******* can hit gym and shave more weight from himself I'w done that :D

Hard to get proper numbeers of stock vs carbon how much You actually save. But I dont think Fenders would shave much.

Car can be rusty dent scratched ect. I dont care usually I do damage myself being crap driver. But I just cant drive car with bare metal everywhere with lovely sound of everything hitting the body :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ye i hate Stripped cars. For weight reduction in My case I go this way
1. Wheels biggest impact on well everything. 2. Light battery can shave 5-6kg depends what You got 3. spare wheel but cars dont tend to have them nowadays 4. Seats can get lighter and better.
Then it gets expensive like Boot lid and doors made off carbon. Other Carbon parts dont really shave much weight lets face it :p

O and if someone is fat ******* can hit gym and shave more weight from himself I'w done that :D

Hard to get proper numbeers of stock vs carbon how much You actually save. But I dont think Fenders would shave much.

Car can be rusty dent scratched ect. I dont care usually I do damage myself being crap driver. But I just cant drive car with bare metal everywhere with lovely sound of everything hitting the body :D

86’s sound like bare metal anyway. You should hear it when it rains! You can’t do a battery either, UK 86’s have a socks fitted alarm/immobiliser which absolutely hammers the battery. So much so it’ll flatten it within a week or so if not used. You’d have to leave the car on constant trickle charge if you were to swap it out.

Soldato
Naa you should hear it when it hails :D

It's so loud, like.. ear damaging if you stay in it to long loud. I don't think they put any sound dampening at all behind the roof liner.

Permabanned
86’s sound like bare metal anyway. You should hear it when it rains! You can’t do a battery either, UK 86’s have a socks fitted alarm/immobiliser which absolutely hammers the battery. So much so it’ll flatten it within a week or so if not used. You’d have to leave the car on constant trickle charge if you were to swap it out.
You costs like 900 quid for one of them that Gibbo had in Jag :D I jhad tiny battery on kill switch on my DC2 on lock key. so was just tuyrning that off hehe.

Soldato
So went to Thruxton Circuit yesterday courtesy of Toyota to test drive the new Supra.

The day was broken into 3 activity sessions around the new Supra with a few presentations and coffee breaks thrown in.

- Hot lap as a passenger around with a race driver
- Circuit driving on track
- Road driving

My thoughts are the below:

Pros:

- Looks, I know subjective but I think it looks fantastic
- Sound as stock, great noise to the car
- Power delivery, a lot of power very early in the rev range, great for low RPM boosting and gets a solid shove off the line.
- Handling, wow this thing corners so flat and deploys it's power with no fuss. By far the best trait of the car.
- Ride quality, very compliant on the road and would be ideal for a daily driver. Sport firms things up slightly.

Cons:

- Power delivery, noticeably dies off after 5K RPM which is a shame.
- Gearbox, now maybe I am being picky here but the box did seem hesitant on downshifts around track. This was not as noticeable on the road I might add.
- Front view, the windscreen is very narrow and a little pill-box like when looking out. Interior space is good so it's not small inside.
- Steering feedback, noticed this most on the road where the front end felt "floaty" at times, although the steering felt well weighted it was the lack of communication.

Summary:

It's going to be a hit. Out of the box is it such a balanced car, yes I may have some cons listed but no car is perfect. The handling being the biggest take away from the experience is what makes me excited as lots of UK tuners were there (SRD, Litchfield, AutoTorque), so seeing what they come out with over the next few months will only enhance the experience.

The car never felt slow either, which is a good thing as I was worried about having driving 500BHP+ machines for a while now, that it wouldn't excite me.

A lot of people were in awe of the Yellow car too and plenty were inquiring on how to change their colour choices over.

Few pics below:

48130818141_0765d2a7f0_b.jpg

48130817946_3b2a37f774_b.jpg

48130817826_3defdc6cb5_b.jpg

48130817651_87995ca02d_b.jpg

48130843268_d092f37ffd_b.jpg

48130902732_e77a6d86ab_b.jpg

48130817276_95ba293c3c_b.jpg

48130842928_d9ed7e3d20_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom