• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
The 3800X (the one I am planning to buy) going to be 399USD which is around £314 at current exchange. If we add 20% import that is £376.80. Is it expected to cost £400 here?

Associate
The big question for me is: Can I get the 3950X and drop that into my C6H mobo, overclock it, and get the RAM running at decent speeds? As in speeds above what I get now with Gen 1 Ryzen on a Gen 1 motherboard.

Associate
Are there any benchmarks showing 8 core vs 12 core CPU at around the same clocks in gaming?

As many I want to pre-order on July 1st (mostly afraid of stuff being sold out) and I wonder if the 12 core will be any better than the 8 for games.

Associate
Are pre orders really expected to start that day or is that just what everyone hopes? Ive been trying to find out for a while but cant find anything. Spoke to OCUK on FB and they said they are under NDA and cant say anything.

Associate
Are pre orders really expected to start that day or is that just what everyone hopes? Ive been trying to find out for a while but cant find anything. Spoke to OCUK on FB and they said they are under NDA and cant say anything.

I think pre-orders on the 1st is common knowledge, AMD themselves probably said it during the last conference.

Associate
Personally i'd be looking at the Crucial Ballistix LT kits, ~75 for 16GB the 3000 C15 and ~85 for the 3200 C16, they both use Micron-E, XMP works out the box on Ryzen, and they overclock to 3600+ easy.
Are these a better option for Ryzen3 than GSkill TridentZ? The 3200 CL16 TridentZ are available at £69.99.

Back
Top Bottom