A really tasty vegetarian meal for 4

Soldato
Even if not - Cheese is vegetarian anyway, right? Not vegan, but surely veggie?

Well by definition it uses stuff obtain by processing slaughtered animal parts. I think the only vegetarians that would find it acceptable would be the ones that are not aware of the process.

I personally can see a difference as it tends to be a byproduct of the beef industry but I would not recommend including it on the menu on an all vegetarian dinner party :p

Soldato
Look into chickpea currys, they can easily be made vegan (use coconut milk and oil). Also extremely easy to make and cheap if you already have the spices.

Great idea, but I'd go one further. There are loads of vegetarian Indian dishes.
I'd serve up a selection of different tishes from dhaal, curry, side dishes, rice, even make your own breads. Mmm yum.

Caporegime
get 2 packets of this

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/vivera-veggie-shawarma-kebab/472425-629172-629173

some pittas to toast

shred some cabbage red and white
shred some carrot
chop up some spring or red onion
add some mint sauce and a bit of mayo if they are okay with mayo or vinegar if not
mix the above in a bowl

when cooking the vegan schwarma add the following cumin seeds, paprika, chillies (powdered or fresh), coriander powder, cinnamon powder, garlic powder and some salt and pepper.

then make up your pittas with the above with the shredded cabbage salad / coleslaw and some chilli sauce (chillies, tomato ketchup, onion, mint sauce in a blitzer, with a dash of water).

serve with fries and/or salad

Back
Top Bottom