*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
Never fly and rarely use vehicles but the mix is what makes bf. Metro is just a garbage map design :)

In bf3 it was particularly poor IMO for conquest, but it was an iconic rush map. The bf4 version was slightly better for conquest as there were slightly more flanking options.

I like linear maps TBH, but getting the balance of flanking routes right for the number of players is tricky.

Soldato
This game is a shambles. Haven't played in a wile partly because performance is rubbish.

New patch downloaded and thought lets take it for a spin. Crap.

Freezes like for a second during game play rubbish performance. As a test I put it to low graphics and it's still crap.

It's not unplayable, but it's significant enough to ruin the game for me.

At a loss why it's so crap. Or if it's just as crap for every one else it's just no one else complains.

Man of Honour
This game is a shambles. Haven't played in a wile partly because performance is rubbish.

New patch downloaded and thought lets take it for a spin. Crap.

Freezes like for a second during game play rubbish performance. As a test I put it to low graphics and it's still crap.

It's not unplayable, but it's significant enough to ruin the game for me.

At a loss why it's so crap. Or if it's just as crap for every one else it's just no one else complains.

I literally tried BF5 last week and had this exact same experience. I can play all the previous iterations of BF, up to and including BF1, with everything on max settings perfectly fine so I was gobsmacked by how shockingly poorly BF5 ran. Went back to BF1 in the end.

Man of Honour
Meh, Metro was and is nothing but a spam fest. It's basically a cheap rank up map.

I actually kind of like those maps - not something I'd want to play all the time but sometimes I just like the mindless instant action and the buzz from those times you do break through the choke point and pull off a killing spree behind enemy lines.

One time in BF4 playing with someone else from these forums I managed to get a radio beacon down in a good spot behind enemy lines on a busy server and we both racked up 200+ kills before they managed to over-run the beacon! lots and lots of skin of the teeth stuff absolute buzz.

Soldato
Best fun ever for me on Metro was with the Wall-E (EOD). It actually turned it into my best vehicle stat. :D

I remember a server admin using a RAWR on a BF4DB server once, happy to ban people for using explosives but cheat at the same time..

This patch and chapter update is a complete fail, we have more unnecessary content rather than the map that was promised:

And then we have the continued dodgy hit reg, increased number of blatant hackers..

And the cosmetics so screwed up that players are invisible a lot of the time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...each_new_update_the_bugs_get_crazier_i_think/

Meanwhile they continue to push cosmetics at us crazy prices given that they're not actually rare if people buy them and there are only a few options. Cosmetics which should have been available using the earned in game currency (which conveniently wasn't awarded correctly for months when you could buy stuff with them).

And the game modes which appear and disappear on a weekly basis whether you enjoyed them or not, but you're more or less forced to play them to complete the unlock challenges.

It's almost like DICE are at war with EA, and want to sink the franchise out of spite.

Associate
Out of that 10gb I was excited for one thing ... Performance fixes. Of course I shouldn't of got my hopes up , as above its not technically unplayable but the drops are so random and sporadic that its just plain blooming annoying. It takes me out the zone everytime to the point I just rage quit

Soldato
Game runs much better in DX11 for me. DX12 was a stutter fest and suffering micro stutters too.

DX11 isn't perfect but much more playable.

---

Perf is still crap tho considering my hardware right?

1440p and a GTX 1080 / Ryzen 2070x surely one of these too isn't a bottleneck?

Last edited:
Associate
Is this game worth playing again yet?

Hmmm.

Latest patch.

Fixed micro stutter (that i never experienced), now you cap a flag, take objective, anything that gives you points. Micro stutter very noticeable.
Fixed plane noise constantly being over head - replaced with constant flare sound overhead.
Invisible player skins. Yes. Just a gun and a helmet running around. Or more like just a gun and a helmet prone on some rubble. Sweet.

Those are the latest patch fixes that stick in my head for now, many more issues are out there.

However, it can still be fun to play, with a decent squad. Had a good couple of rounds with Hazardo tonight, rolled a few maps over.

Biggest issue for me is content, and lack thereof, and still, historical accuracy, which is subjective. That really grates on me. Newest skins to come out are GI uniform for the British. Cool hey :/

Associate
game is unplayable for me since the last patch, it just stutters all game long now - GTX970 + i5 4690k - not the best spec system in the world, but did 60fps on mostly high settings pre-patch, now dips to 20 - 40 fps a lot of the time on all low settings

Associate
Mine did the exact same as this after the last patch.
Was running fine in DX11 mode before the patch and after patch could see that GPU was sitting at about 30% utilisation.
Tried lots of things including DX 12 mode but nothing made any difference.

Tried it yesterday in DX12 mode and its now running at about the same level as before the patch.
If I go back to DX 11 it runs between 20 and 30 FPS.

Not sure what to make of it but can at least play again now.

Back
Top Bottom