Mountain Biking

Soldato
The lads have ridden with Guy before. I’ve only ever had a chat on the trails. He’s a machine! Haha. Should be fun, we were going to do Snowdon but the early start would have been a killer, penning it in later in the year to do and maybe combine it with Penmachno or Marin again for an overnighter.

I can feel a bike upgrade coming on.....

Soldato
How’d it go?

It was tough. Some nice trails and views getting up to the top, took about 2hrs of riding/pushing. Some great track on the tops. Dolly Wagon Pike is the crazy bit of the decent, only managed to ride about 1/3rd of that down. After that it got better, but still bits of walking here and there. 4hrs total for the ride. It’s crossed off the list, I’d do it again but probably just a once a year thing.

Weather was great, views were amazing!

Soldato
Came off (front wheel washed out) on Saturday on a local loop and stopped myself with my arm. Cleaned it all up in the shower after the ride and all was good. Until last night after a shower the Mrs noticed puss dripping from the cuts... Now have half my forearm all covered up. Joy :D

Took the skin clean off in patches. Was fun scrubbing that clean in the shower!

Ske

Ske

Associate
Came off (front wheel washed out) on Saturday on a local loop and stopped myself with my arm. Cleaned it all up in the shower after the ride and all was good. Until last night after a shower the Mrs noticed puss dripping from the cuts... Now have half my forearm all covered up. Joy :D

Took the skin clean off in patches. Was fun scrubbing that clean in the shower!

Whereabouts? I went OTB on one of the last corners on the Twrch final descent. Ridden it about 40 times! Moment of madness.
Rode some of the trails on Risca side of the mountain on Sunday. They're awesome! Off back tomorrow to tick off the last couple.

Soldato
Local loop up by me in Nelson. Apparently theres some decent "off piste" stuff around Cwmcarn I need to go look for.

@Muffin` Twrch is Red. Havent been over there for a while due to all the changes. It's really died a death Cwmcarn :(

Ske

Ske

Associate
The unofficial trails are better than the official trails!

The Twrch is fully open and so is Y Mynydd. Pedalhounds has just been re-opened and the Cafall is 2/3 opened.

Soldato
BPW was great fun yesterday. Didn't come off, but came very close a few times! I think I'd like to try it on a full suss next time. Not done anything like it before, been up to Peaslake a few times and ridden the blue at Whinlatter but it doesn't really compare. Managed all the blues (except Willy Waver which was closed) and did the reds Vicious Valley and Surfin' Bird. Was intimidated by the qualifiers on those but you just have to send it. :D

Soldato
Can anyone recommend some lightweight protective gear for XC riding? As a relative noob it would be nice to know my shins/knees/elbows have a degree of protection given my main focus is road riding and a bad off would put a decent dent in my season.

Back
Top Bottom