The Royals

Soldato
I'd like to see half the posters on here do a week on the Queen's public schedule at 93 years old and complain she has it easy. I understand they live in the lap of luxury, but the figureheads do more than enough to make up for it and they bring in enough money. It's the "unknown" landowners that sit and earn billions from all of us that we should be more concerned with. The Duke of Westminster, Earl Cadogan, Barclay Brothers, James Dyson, Anders Holch Povlsen etc.

Anyway, you only have to look at a ****show like the USA to realise how much better having and holding onto hundreds (thousands?) of years of history can be for a country.

Soldato
I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, it's over for me lol!

Regarding the bowing thing. I think that is all out of tradition rather than the Royals thinking they are superior.

A lot of their wealth is inherited. People have a problem with that too, but they wouldn't have a problem if their rich Nan left them a house though.

Indeed, I would be exactly the same. I suppose that's the have and have not mindset in action. Hmmmmmm, don't think I have any rich relatives ready to go just yet :D

Permabanned
I'd like to see half the posters on here do a week on the Queen's public schedule at 93 years old and complain she has it easy. I understand they live in the lap of luxury, but the figureheads do more than enough to make up for it and they bring in enough money. It's the "unknown" landowners that sit and earn billions from all of us that we should be more concerned with. The Duke of Westminster, Earl Cadogan, Barclay Brothers, James Dyson, Anders Holch Povlsen etc.

Anyway, you only have to look at a ****show like the USA to realise how much better having and holding onto hundreds (thousands?) of years of history can be for a country.
https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements

Not much coming up in the next few weeks.

Soldato

A very interesting point about the land owners - I have often thought in my naivety, typically when staring out of the windows, during a bored motorway commute - "who owns all of that land, and why do they get to own it"? If there were any common land owned by no one, then it could end up being a free for all and shanty towns would start springing up.

Soldato

She has never really worked and has had the best medical/health care her whole life, no wonder she is in good shape for 93. Most people have already died due to life of hard graft by then. I don't particularly have any strong feelings of them. As long as they prove there worth monetary wise then I'm not too fussed what they do.

Soldato
Despite what the queen does for the UK's diplomatic relationships around the world - as probably the longest running head of state, she garners a lot of respect from other countries leaders, despite the fact that she's only a symbolic head of state.

Won't bother mentioning the boost to tourism/economy that the royals bring in.

But one i don't think anyone has mentioned is the impact on charities the royals have. Devoting a lot of their time and being advocates of a charity can provide a tremendous funding boost to that charity.

Whilst the Queen does live in absolute luxury, she's been working non-stop for 67 years, and whilst other people with that kind of wealth would have retired at half her age, she's still ploughing on at 93, and will likely continue to work in some capacity until she sadly passes.

1. Anyone can join the Royal Family, there does not seem to be an application process or criteria to become something akin to a 'living God'?

Apologies if I cause offence to anyone, as I said, I am not unpatriotic, just living in modern times where things are no longer decided by swords, castles, and marching armies.

See i find your point ironic, in that i see the fact that anyone can join into the royal family (Kate/Meghan) as a modernistic touch rather than either of the princes being married off to one of their cousins as they'd have been forced to have done so many centuries ago. Without drawing on the race card either, Britain has become a multi-cultured and multi-race society, so the fact that Harry married someone who wasn't 'white' really shows that at least the new generation of royals are adding a modern approach to the royal family.

Soldato
Doesn't she have 'people' that do her paperwork?

Nope, she has to deal with what are called Red boxes everyday. Remember she is head of state for 16 governments and other bits. Iirc she answers a few 'fan' mails personally everyday too. There are also meetings etc (for example the PM weekly meeting).

God now I do sound like a Royalist fan lol.

Soldato
The 'royal family' are the biggest most expensive dole spongers in the UK.. Yes it was even worse in the past with having to fund a ship for them to swan about in but it's still crappy with the likes of 'air miles' Andy always ready to charter a plane, at our expense of course, to jet him to one far away country or another for some flimsy reason.

I don't care if, by some maths or what ever, that 'the crown estate' brings in more than it costs - I call ********. Where did they get this estate from in the first place?

People, even in this thread, say that they do a difficult job, I say waving and lifting table cloths or pulling cords is hard work - absolute rubbish.. They should try being bin men, trench diggers, nurses etc etc..

Having the best of everything for life, not having to pay for anything(even house renovations), having the best food and eating out all at our expense - it's all a big joke. The days of monarchies are long gone, the french did the right thing, and I think it should be abolished at the end of the 'Queens' 'reign'. They are parasites!

Soldato
The 'royal family' are the biggest most expensive dole spongers in the UK.. Yes it was even worse in the past with having to fund a ship for them to swan about in but it's still crappy with the likes of 'air miles' Andy always ready to charter a plane, at our expense of course, to jet him to one far away country or another for some flimsy reason.

I don't care if, by some maths or what ever, that 'the crown estate' brings in more than it costs - I call ********. Where did they get this estate from in the first place?

People, even in this thread, say that they do a difficult job, I say waving and lifting table cloths or pulling cords is hard work - absolute rubbish.. They should try being bin men, trench diggers, nurses etc etc..

Having the best of everything for life, not having to pay for anything(even house renovations), having the best food and eating out all at our expense - it's all a big joke. The days of monarchies are long gone, the french did the right thing, and I think it should be abolished at the end of the 'Queens' 'reign'. They are parasites!

Your post speaks a thousand words...absolutely clueless.

Soldato
the tax payer should stop paying for a lot more than they currently do
the RF have billions and wont be running out of money any time soon, let them pay for services themselves, whether it's travel , housing, security

Back
Top Bottom