Electric Under Floor Heating Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
We are replacing the carpet in our conservatory for tiles and may also add electric under floor heating at the same time. So I have a couple of questions.

Is the ProWarm system any good?

Can we connect the heating by adding a spur to the existing electric socket in the room?

Thanks

Associate
We have electric UFH in our bathroom, it needs to be on its own circuit (a radial) according to the instructions.

Ours is a Raychem system and to be honest it is fine for being warm underfoot but doesnt heat the room at all as some expect it to.

I would also consider your furniture layout as you arent supposed to have it directly under cabinets and the like, so plan accordingly!

Associate
We have the ProWarm system in both our bathrooms. All seems spot on with it so far (Only been down 7 months), as for wiring i'm not sure, I left the wires taped to the wall and the sparky did the rest as part of the whole house rewire.

Takes about 30 mins to heat the floor up but you can program it well with their included timer in the bundle, and think there is also an option to make it smart.

Soldato
I have electric underfloor heating in our living room as the room is large it only has a small radiator and is North facing so it gets freezing and there in the winter. We didn't want to go for a full hydro floor setup.

I have no idea what the system it is as we got it all done by an electrician but it is well worth it and something I don't regret it really does heat the room up as well. Just be careful if you have flooring done over the top of it you may want to be very careful with how you use the heating for the first few weeks until it all sets in we had major problems with flooring laid over the top that literally started bursting when the heating take got turned on the first time. Turns out the flooring people should have told us this and didn't so they did come and sort it all out but it was a bit of a mission.

Associate
I have electric underfloor heating in our living room as the room is large it only has a small radiator and is North facing so it gets freezing and there in the winter. We didn't want to go for a full hydro floor setup.

I have no idea what the system it is as we got it all done by an electrician but it is well worth it and something I don't regret it really does heat the room up as well. Just be careful if you have flooring done over the top of it you may want to be very careful with how you use the heating for the first few weeks until it all sets in we had major problems with flooring laid over the top that literally started bursting when the heating take got turned on the first time. Turns out the flooring people should have told us this and didn't so they did come and sort it all out but it was a bit of a mission.

Yes you have to turn it on for short periods, on low to start with and increase it each time. Ours was a self install so read it in the manual, but the sparky also told us as he'd fitted before.

Soldato
Under floor heating is something we considered in our extension (currently doesn't have any heating and isn't too bad). I've read about it being expensive but I thought it would be relatively cheap as it doesn't need to be that hot to warm up a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom