The Royals

Soldato
A very interesting point about the land owners - I have often thought in my naivety, typically when staring out of the windows, during a bored motorway commute - "who owns all of that land, and why do they get to own it"? If there were any common land owned by no one, then it could end up being a free for all and shanty towns would start springing up.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/apr/17/who-owns-england-thousand-secret-landowners-author Interesting research done by a school friend of mine. I even went on a walk around Mayfair where he pointed out all the most expensive bricks and mortar in the country currently lying dormant due to their owners not giving a flying **** :)

The Queen's 93 and she's got 4 engagements over the next 6 days lmao. Most 93 year olds engagements consist of watching Countdown before having a nap.
Exactly. Plus travelling etc.

She has never really worked and has had the best medical/health care her whole life, no wonder she is in good shape for 93.
Never really worked?What nonsense. I don't know how to find what engagements she did when she was in her 40s but I bet it involved more travelling and meetings than your job!

The Difference between the British Royal Family and the Kim family of North Korea is that the Kim family have killed less people to get to the place they are
Why do people post this nonsense? :confused: Comparing a modern-day loony dictator with the Queen... yeah right :rolleyes:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The 'royal family' are the biggest most expensive dole spongers in the UK.. Yes it was even worse in the past with having to fund a ship for them to swan about in but it's still crappy with the likes of 'air miles' Andy always ready to charter a plane, at our expense of course, to jet him to one far away country or another for some flimsy reason.

I don't care if, by some maths or what ever, that 'the crown estate' brings in more than it costs - I call ********. Where did they get this estate from in the first place?

People, even in this thread, say that they do a difficult job, I say waving and lifting table cloths or pulling cords is hard work - absolute rubbish.. They should try being bin men, trench diggers, nurses etc etc..

Having the best of everything for life, not having to pay for anything(even house renovations), having the best food and eating out all at our expense - it's all a big joke. The days of monarchies are long gone, the french did the right thing, and I think it should be abolished at the end of the 'Queens' 'reign'. They are parasites!

You call BS over the financial facts? :p Your post is awful IMO. If you are to be consistent in your opinions you should also wish the wealth confiscated from all wealthy persons (including middle class) who generate their income from their estates and investments.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Awww man, my one and only claim to be cool or fashionable, gone :(

Personally, I don't see why they are so revered - yes, way back when it was all ruling Lords, castles, knights on horseback etc etc and your average dung thrower (such as myself) could hardly string together a sentence; I am sure they were the bees knees. But I expect a lot of that came from religion being the backbone, and 'Royals' were seen as beings appointed by God himself.

These days, to me at least, they are no different from champagne swilling footballers, or rich city folk with flash motors and whatnot - albeit, ones that give to charity. I add that, as I appreciate that the Royal Family do a lot more for good causes, than the majority of us - myself included. Whether it is forced upon them, so as to keep the unwashed masses quiet, who knows - I'll leave that train of thought to the evil lizard overlord conspiracy theorists :D

I guess I view fans of the Royals like followers of religion - it's all good so long as you don't go forcing it down other people's necks; I won't judge you if you need some outdated archaic *thing* in your life, but respect that others don't.

As for doing away with the Royals - no. I think they bring in a lot of tourism into our country, and for that alone, they should be left to do what they do.

Well put, we are in an age where we can no longer be called commoners or peasants. We are all equal in te eyes of the lord (if he/she exists), the monarchy do actually have parliamentary influence. I did not say get rid, more privatise.

Associate
OP
Every country needs someone with a posh house to impress the diplomats, the queen has long standing diplomatic connections and that's worth more than i think some give her credit for.

The americans just have trump, i think we have the better thing going.

Something wrong with the decor in 10 Downing Street? If not, why not purpose build a new building as a one off?

Associate
OP
I would have a very hard time bowing to any of them if I met them in person. None of them are better than any of us.

I love my country, my land and it’s people, but I too would find it difficult to bow just because someone is wealthier than me, or married into a wealthy family,

Soldato
the tax payer should stop paying for a lot more than they currently do
the RF have billions and wont be running out of money any time soon, let them pay for services themselves, whether it's travel , housing, security
Well put. I suspect if we had a "people's vote" on this subject it would not be as close as the last one.

Soldato
I love my country, my land and it’s people, but I too would find it difficult to bow just because someone is wealthier than me, or married into a wealthy family,

You wouldn't bow to any of them apart from the Queen, and the only time you'd ever do that is if you're receiving a knighthood.

Soldato
Your post speaks a thousand words...absolutely clueless.

Please enlighten me oh knowledgeable one..
You call BS over the financial facts? :p Your post is awful IMO. If you are to be consistent in your opinions you should also wish the wealth confiscated from all wealthy persons (including middle class) who generate their income from their estates and investments.

I don't care if people EARN their money, all the royals have done for a few hundred years now is live off of the hard work of others. How is my post awful? You say it is but give no specifics - just like the other chap..

They don't do ANYTHING that other statesmen(states-persons) do in their day-to-day work, so they are completely superfluous to the running of the country. There is no 'royal' family, they are just lucky to have been the, partially, inbred descendants of some of the most vile, evil, scheming, twisted, devious people alive at the time! How do you think they got to be the royal family in the first place? Did someone give it to them for nothing? No, they stole it off of the previous 'royal' that got a bit too comfortable.

You need to really think about things more and not take things verbatim. The only reason we have a 'royal' family now is that their are lots and lots of people who have a vested interest in the status quo, hangers on and general lackeys that are in their employ, that we(the taxpayer) pay for.. It's all very perverse, we, as a society, are way past 'needing' it.

Soldato
Please enlighten me oh knowledgeable one..

I don't care if people EARN their money, all the royals have done for a few hundred years now is live off of the hard work of others. How is my post awful? You say it is but give no specifics - just like the other chap..

They don't do ANYTHING that other statesmen(states-persons) do in their day-to-day work, so they are completely superfluous to the running of the country. There is no 'royal' family, they are just lucky to have been the, partially, inbred descendants of some of the most vile, evil, scheming, twisted, devious people alive at the time! How do you think they got to be the royal family in the first place? Did someone give it to them for nothing? No, they stole it off of the previous 'royal' that got a bit too comfortable.

You need to really think about things more and not take things verbatim. The only reason we have a 'royal' family now is that their are lots and lots of people who have a vested interest in the status quo, hangers on and general lackeys that are in their employ, that we(the taxpayer) pay for.. It's all very perverse, we, as a society, are way past 'needing' it.

haha epic. I would explain it to you, but fear you're too far brainwashed to understand. I do hope if you ever get offered an inheritance, you will turn it down because you didn't earn it :)

Soldato
Is this thread really about the £2.4 million we've just paid to renovate prince harry and meghans place?

I'm not anti-Monarchy, and I supported the Queens efforts years ago to cut down on the royal budget by cutting expenses to the lesser royals. So in that vein when does Harry move in to that group too? Since William and Kate had their 3 children then for all intents and purposes Harry's royal profile will slowly fade in to the background as the 3 children become adults. He should have paid it from his own money, especially when the US tax system breathing down their necks threatening to open the royal books themselves. Harry and Meghan should have been separating their accounts by now.

I think people rightfully have an issue paying this £2.4 million out.

Soldato
How about explaining it for the rest of us?
:confused: You want me to explain how the Royals aren't dole spongers? Or that it's not infact BS about the crown estates financials? Or that the Royals just lift table cloths or wave. Or that they are parasites? Or how about we judge the current Royals for their ancestors from 100's of years ago when things were very different. You need that explaining too?

It's been explained several times here on OCUK, a couple of times in this thread, and a few times over different threads. It is easily researched with a few minutes work. You can tell from the tone of his/her post, that he/she wouldn't listen to facts. Hence he/she is brainwashed (imo) and it would be pointless.

Soldato
haha epic. I would explain it to you, but fear you're too far brainwashed to understand. I do hope if you ever get offered an inheritance, you will turn it down because you didn't earn it :)

I think you have the brainwashing thing the wrong way round, no offense intended(and I mean that). I didn't get any inheritance from my family but I don't see the problem with it if the family member has earned what they had. The 'royal' family hasn't earned what they now have for the most part and that is what I have a problem with. All of their staff is paid for, their houses are grace and favour(free), Upkeep is free, holidays free etc etc.. I do get that it is what they bargained for when they gave up power to parliament all those years ago, for the royal family to be taken care of in perpetuity, but I think enough is enough. As has been said, they are rich enough to afford everything they have for themselves for hundreds of years to come.

Opposite to what you might think I do respect the queen, and she is still going well into her 90's(good living and zero manual labour), but all she has ever been is a figurehead. She has a few jobs each year, like opening parliament, but it's mostly for show. I do not like Charles one bit, if he gets to be 'king', with 'queen' Camilla, the great unwashed will start to get rowdy. Charles isn't likely to be as passive as the queen, look at the number of letters he has been writing to ministers and how it's been increasing as he's getting ready to take over. I'll leave it there.

Soldato
Wish I had a job smashing bottles to launch a new ship, cutting ribbons yawn.
I remember being 7 years old and giving a stupid flag to wave at Princess Margaret as she passed I was even then wtf is this ********, my view hasn't changed, get shot of the lot of them. They do nothing for me or care for the majority of this country, family of puppets.

Soldato
I think you have the brainwashing thing the wrong way round, no offense intended(and I mean that). I didn't get any inheritance from my family but I don't see the problem with it if the family member has earned what they had. The 'royal' family hasn't earned what they now have for the most part and that is what I have a problem with. All of their staff is paid for, their houses are grace and favour(free), Upkeep is free, holidays free etc etc.. I do get that it is what they bargained for when they gave up power to parliament all those years ago, for the royal family to be taken care of in perpetuity, but I think enough is enough. As has been said, they are rich enough to afford everything they have for themselves for hundreds of years to come.

Opposite to what you might think I do respect the queen, and she is still going well into her 90's(good living and zero manual labour), but all she has ever been is a figurehead. She has a few jobs each year, like opening parliament, but it's mostly for show. I do not like Charles one bit, if he gets to be 'king', with 'queen' Camilla, the great unwashed will start to get rowdy. Charles isn't likely to be as passive as the queen, look at the number of letters he has been writing to ministers and how it's been increasing as he's getting ready to take over. I'll leave it there.

Ahh, a much better post. Maybe not so brainwashed after all :p (I too didn't mean that offensively)

The Queen isn't 'just a figurehead', she does a lot of work, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Can't disagree about Charles, he is a bit of a tool.

I still don't get the 'they didn't earn it' argument/view though. Their wealth which has been passed down is from years and years. Some of it was ill gotten? Yes it probably was, but then I'd wager nearly everyone in power in those times earnt their money from horrible means. Just how it was back then. But to say the current Royals shouldn't be entitled to it, or that they are scum because of their ancestors? It just doesn't make sense to me. If you look far back into any of our families, I'll bet they weren't saints the whole way through.

Permabanned
:confused: You want me to explain how the Royals aren't dole spongers? Or that it's not infact BS about the crown estates financials? Or that the Royals just lift table cloths or wave. Or that they are parasites? Or how about we judge the current Royals for their ancestors from 100's of years ago when things were very different. You need that explaining too?

It's been explained several times here on OCUK, a couple of times in this thread, and a few times over different threads. It is easily researched with a few minutes work. You can tell from the tone of his/her post, that he/she wouldn't listen to facts. Hence he/she is brainwashed (imo) and it would be pointless.
What do you mean "it's not in fact BS about the Crown Estate financials"?
It's not been explained in this thread either, there's been some facts barely skimmed over. You gave the impression you had great in depth knowledge on the subject but now you're saying JFGI and it's been explained, it hasn't really.
I'd like to see this imparted wisdom you claim to be possessor of.

Back
Top Bottom