Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
If I don't have to watch Young start any more then this is the best transfer we could have possibly made this summer.

I think he'll be great for you guys - And I could see him being valued even higher in the future to be honest...

Your defense was one of the biggest issues last season - Obi Wan will straighten that out!

Soldato
Hopefully this might open the flood gates for all the other signings that were supposed to be in place by ‘1st July’. Sigh.

Excited by this one though :)

Soldato
50m for a 21 year old fullback with one decent season under his belt, United are more desperate than I thought!

They'll probably end up selling him back to palace for 6m and then watch as he develops into a quality player :p

Last edited:
Soldato
50m for a 21 year old fullback with one decent season under his belt, United are more desperate than I thought!

They'll probably end up selling him back to palace for 6m and then watch as he develops into a quality player :p

Kyle walker was what 27 when he signed for 54m a few years ago and already he is looking replacable

AWB could easily play for 10 years - but even getting 7 or 8 seasons out of him the deal looks good value in today's market.

CP didn't need to sell and including the British tax , 45m upfront really isn't that unreasonable

Soldato
Good to get Wan-Bissaka sorted. Now we need at least one CB and ideally two central midfield signings, one to replace Herrera and one to be a long term replacement for Matic. Depending on what happens with Lukaku we might also need another striker. Lots still to do for United in the transfer window!

Soldato

To be fair they’re the most popular club so it makes sense.

Also they’re the club in need of transfer action. Liverpool and City don’t really need anyone so will likely not do much business and no-one cares about Arsenal and Spurs :p

In general though this thread does feel quieter than previous years with not as much talk/rumours.

Don
Quite a bit of fuss is being made over a 17 year old signed for an initial £1.3m. Lots of talk that Bayern were trying to hijack the deal even as he was taking his medical and that we think he could be challenging for a 1st team place a lot sooner than you'd expect. It could be all talk of course and an attempt to placate our fans as we're seemingly not going to make any big signings this summer.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

To be fair they’re the most popular club so it makes sense.

Also they’re the club in need of transfer action. Liverpool and City don’t really need anyone so will likely not do much business and no-one cares about Arsenal and Spurs :p

In general though this thread does feel quieter than previous years with not as much talk/rumours.

probably because we (Chelsea) are banned from making transfers :p

Back
Top Bottom