• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
if it was they would have law suit on hands.... Kinda sold us AMD as being supported till 2020.
https://hothardware.com/news/amd-confirms-am4-socket-support-future-ryzen-processors-2020

that was Selling point for me. If it was not the deal I would have went with Intel again.
Probably will work but are motherboard manufacturers obligated to update the BIOS to accommodate them?

Whilst on this subject anybody know which mobo maker has the best track record for supplying updates for their older eol boards?

Soldato
PSU's have a thermal shutdown. and that one looks fine.

Yes PSU's do have thermal shutdown, but it only needs a single component to overheat near said goop for it to catch, I have seen the results of said fire(s) first hand. Bad ventilation, plus neglect, and poor environmental conditions = fire

However it could have been a short on one of the PSU cables, or a hard drive etc.

Associate
Dad had a hard drive melt last week , Sara power cable completely melted itself onto the drive . Crazy how this starts , luckily he killed the power after smelling the funk. He's on a quality if not maybe aging seasonic platform

Back
Top Bottom