New Americana tune with a groovy vibe!

Associate
Hello OC this is for you music fans out there who love to consume some new music!
Folk/ Americana/ Blues. Any feedback is most welcome too. Hope you enjoy ;)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Good stuff, solid - for the sake of "leave the listener asking for more" it could do with trimming to 3:30-3:45, but it doesn't mean it's repetitive or anything - it's just that kind of radio play standard. You build it up nicely with each cycle, adding layers but there is a moment mid way into the song that just begs for backing vocals - I'm thinking females, gospel like short repeat, you do your "feeling outta control" and they do snap "when you're out of control" before the next line and so on.

Associate
OP
Good stuff, solid - for the sake of "leave the listener asking for more" it could do with trimming to 3:30-3:45, but it doesn't mean it's repetitive or anything - it's just that kind of radio play standard. You build it up nicely with each cycle, adding layers but there is a moment mid way into the song that just begs for backing vocals - I'm thinking females, gospel like short repeat, you do your "feeling outta control" and they do snap "when you're out of control" before the next line and so on.

Hey thanks yes I did wonder for a while about the length too. I ended up just doing the b voc myself although I was originally thinking a female voice could work.
Great minds think a like ;) haha
Thanks for listening and leaving your thoughts.

Associate
OP
Here are the lyrics any other feedback is most welcome :)

Rest Your Head

V1
When you cry... but no one wants to know
When you've tried... and nothing seems to show
When you run... but running does no good
When you hide... hiding like a fool

C1
You can rest your head next to mine...
Next to mine... Next to mine... Next to mine...

V2
When you fight... fighting on your own
When you climb... but nowhere left to go
When your out... feeling outa control
When your day... just never seems to roll

C2

Instrumental

C3

Outro

Back
Top Bottom