LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Man of Honour
I’ll be interested to see how realistic the 1ms G2G response time is when tested. If it achieves anywhere near that consistently it will be very impressive. There’s a chance of course that it only reaches that on very few colour transitions and everything else is much slower (5ms average would still be very good for an IPS panel). It’s also possible it only achieves that in the most aggressive overdrive mode and with a load of overshoot introduced to do it. That would be very disappointing if that were the case

Associate
Pre-orders start appearing for the $1,999 price in the US (September release). If the IPS pixels did receive a speed boost and the IPS glow/BLB isn't outrageous, I think it is an acceptable price.

Associate
That's not too too terrible given the usual gsync tax included in there. Presumably the freesync version would be a few hundred cheaper without the gsync2 module. Pity its being released soooo much later. (conspiracy theory: purposely withheld in order to not cannibalize sales of the gsync line??)

Associate
This is still the only new monitor on the horizon that really brings anything new to the market as far as I'm concerned.
Really keen to see it finally launch (LG being as predictable as ever with their launch schedule :D).

Fingers crossed UK launch isn't to far behind the US and that our resident monitor experts can get their hands on one quickly.

Associate
It's a darn shame that LG is going with "gamer's bells & whistles" for this monitor… I just literally want the panel, preferably without G-Sync. I might wait to see what other vendors do with this, especially after the FreeSync version comes out. A little disappointed and, honestly, even a bit frustrated with LG's Q&A lately anyway. If Dell gets a hold of this panel and releases a UW version of it, I'd be all over it! All LG needed to do was release a non-G-Sync and non-RGB crap version of this, and I'm sure many would be even more excited about it.

Tired of "high refresh rate and low response time" = "YO FTW RGB WTF GLHF"

Soldato
OP
I see this is now available for pre-order in Germany for just over €1800 (due end of July). So that'll be £2K when it lands here then ha! :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
It won't.

You think less? I don't know. I'd say Asus' insane pricing for the PG35VQ means all bets are off. And there's nothing particularly innovative about that monitor... the spec is unchanged from 2-years ago. Not a bad monitor by any means, but it's going to date fast. LG are never competitive with their pricing on top end products, so I'll be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if there's much change at all from £2K here.

Soldato
You think less? I don't know. I'd say Asus' insane pricing for the PG35VQ means all bets are off. And there's nothing particularly innovative about that monitor... the spec is unchanged from 2-years ago. Not a bad monitor by any means, but it's going to date fast. LG are never competitive with their pricing on top end products, so I'll be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if there's much change at all from £2K here.

Alienware will release a new monitor too this year probably. Honestly the next gen VR monitors are all going to be in the £1000 to £2000 price bracket. will be totally insane but at least they all offer something a little different.

Soldato
OP
Alienware will release a new monitor too this year probably. Honestly the next gen VR monitors are all going to be in the £1000 to £2000 price bracket. will be totally insane but at least they all offer something a little different.

Where are you getting this from? And what's a 'next gen VR' monitor?

Soldato
Where are you getting this from? And what's a 'next gen VR' monitor?

Meant to say ultrawide monitor. Typo sorry.

Ahh there was some dell employee on a website which said September.

Also its been 2 years and alienware have cut the price on the 34 incher so i think personally the writing is on the wall for a refresh this year given all the big boys are moving.
Whats a VR monitor? Is that not just a VR headset?
typo.. sorry my man.. meant ultrawide monitor.

Back
Top Bottom