BrightBurn (2019)

Man of Honour
Saw this today. Eh, it wasn’t ‘bad’, great premise but I agree that it could have been better. I did massively approve of its short run time.

I think they had a strict budget or something as there was an awful lot of ‘anxiously walk whilst waiting for the villain to appear’ - as if he was Michael Myers or something. That just really doesn’t work for a villain like this, where he could liquify them in an instant.

It was plenty gory, and I’m not suggesting it should be gorier, but I kind of feel they underplayed the possibilities of ‘the cruelty of a child’ - that sick sort of childish apathy of putting a hamster in a microwave, ya know? Could have made it more tense, but there wasn’t really much of that at all beyond ‘it wasn’t me’. Well, other than that dissected lady, which was more of a ‘reveal’ than anything.

Also, lol at the flashing lights.

Otherwise, a enjoyable 90 mins, but feels a touch wasted.

Soldato
More like slow burn. Everything went into the trailer. Cheap. Unimaginative premise. Not really shocking. Crap horror. Booze or another pick-me-up required to watch for comedy value.

Caporegime
It's budget was only 6 Million (which for a movie is nothing these days) so hard to say if they could have done much more than what they did.

Back
Top Bottom