• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Caporegime
I had a moment of madness the other day and decided to get a Radeon VII, which I figure will see me through at least the next couple of years. At £577 it's not exactly cheap, but it's the cheapest I've seen to date for a brand new one.

Admittedly my Vega 56 can do 4K, but it's not ideal, and I can't see the VII being eclipsed by Navi this year. Perhaps next year, but I think I'll sit the next couple out and hope the market changes for the better! :rolleyes:
What is your default voltage out of interest?

Soldato
I still think the VII is a great card and at a good price. 16G of HBM2 not only a good gaming card but a dam good compute card. the early gen of navi might be on par with it in games only, but with only 8g GDR6 with the super variants of the 2080 series coming from nvidia
people might over look the VII but for casual gamers and compute user's the VII has a lot to offer.
Maybe but you could just look at it as a £700 card for 1080Ti performance (assimass you don't need the compute performance).

Associate
Maybe but you could just look at it as a £700 card for 1080Ti performance (assimass you don't need the compute performance).

700 I can find one over 100 less and for that its a great card, 16g HBM2 In some games can use over 8g now so its future proof in a way, plus if you ever need compute performance it kicks arse! as I said if the 2080ti didn't come my way as a bargin, the VII would still be rocking in my machine.
ray tracing isn't all that and dlss is a blur fest. as for the 1080ti the VII is better!

Associate
700 I can find one over 100 less and for that its a great card, 16g HBM2 In some games can use over 8g now so its future proof in a way, plus if you ever need compute performance it kicks arse! as I said if the 2080ti didn't come my way as a bargin, the VII would still be rocking in my machine.
ray tracing isn't all that and dlss is a blur fest. as for the 1080ti the VII is better!

I found a brand new VII for £577, and there is simply no Nvidia equivalent for that kind of price, unless you buy used. :D

Associate

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I mainly post from my phone and I must have missed a notification. So, my Vega 56 was running P6 1150 and P7 1200 stock, which I then undervolted to P6 1050 and P7 1100.

I'm still trying to figure out the Radeon VII's settings, as it's quite a bit different, but I can tell you that it currently maxes out at 1111 mV. Everything is on automatic at the moment, until I get my head around the new layout. :D

Caporegime
Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I mainly post from my phone and I must have missed a notification. So, my Vega 56 was running P6 1150 and P7 1200 stock, which I then undervolted to P6 1050 and P7 1100.

I'm still trying to figure out the Radeon VII's settings, as it's quite a bit different, but I can tell you that it currently maxes out at 1111 mV. Everything is on automatic at the moment, until I get my head around the new layout. :D
So when you hoover your mouse over the third highest dot to the right in WattMan it says, 1111mv? Thanks. :)

Man of Honour
How are people finding power and noise on these?

Also is there any major difference ebtween makes? Reviews seem to indicate they are all reference cards. But prices seem to vary from £599 to £700 evem withing the same retailer. So what's the difference between manufacturers? Thanks.

Soldato
How are people finding power and noise on these?

Also is there any major difference ebtween makes? Reviews seem to indicate they are all reference cards. But prices seem to vary from £599 to £700 evem withing the same retailer. So what's the difference between manufacturers? Thanks.
Nothing, they are all the same.
Power and noise at stock are hungry and loud, but with a 1 minute tweak of the settings you can get them running cooler and much quieter (and faster)

Back
Top Bottom