Steam Sale started today

Caporegime
I get quite tempted by some of the dungeon crawlers out there (like Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar); if you dig a bit you'll find others aside from the great Legend of Grimrock series.

Soldato
I just bought Ghost Recon Wildlands, Hellblade and Redout, been waiting for them to go on sale and have bought them with Steam wallet funds. Only £4 left, any suggestions?

Soldato
I like that you can buy some older games that received good reviews for under a tenner, I bought Payday 2: The Heist for less than £2 and have many games on my wishlist on sale.
Civ VI worth it?

Soldato
Sorry but I already refunded Squad. I thought I would enjoy it but it seemed to be mostly running to get to a place and killed by unseen foes. I don't think i've seen a bad guy yet.

Even with a god squad where we set up a fob still just whip-crack dead. Too hardcore for me :)

Soldato
Sorry but I already refunded Squad. I thought I would enjoy it but it seemed to be mostly running to get to a place and killed by unseen foes. I don't think i've seen a bad guy yet.

Even with a god squad where we set up a fob still just whip-crack dead. Too hardcore for me :)

Pending refund here too for much the same reasons. Also, didn't like how in two of the first three games I was kicked out for not being able to use a mic. **** it, it's their loss. I'm going to grab Hell let Loose instead.

Man of Honour
OP
Pending refund here too for much the same reasons. Also, didn't like how in two of the first three games I was kicked out for not being able to use a mic. **** it, it's their loss. I'm going to grab Hell let Loose instead.

I had the same problems (not the mic, the running about not seeing enemies etc) in Hell Let Loose. Seems to just be the style of game, I watch youtube videos of Squad and Hell Let Loose and they look cool but my experiences in the actual games has been running about and not really seeing any enemy. Someone shouts that enemy are in a treeline to the east, we all fire at the treeline..I have no idea who or what I'm firing at, I cant actually see anyone in the treeline and I find myself wondering if everyone is just firing because everyone else is. I've no idea if my bullets are hitting anyone at all or whether I'm killing anyone...or whether there is actually anyone there for me to hit anyway.

I like the concept of it all but I find when I play that the more realistic/hardcore gamestyle of Squad/Hell Let Loose just doesnt click with me as much as the more arcadey stuff like Battlefield 1. I guess I just sort of prefer less realism and more of what I see as actually fun to play.

Soldato
Insurgency is a bit like that too...

Personally, I like it... I don't dislike the less realistic shooters like Battlefield or whatnot, but the amount of shots you have to land on someone to take them out in a lot of other games just gives those damned kids with their damned reflexes too much opportunity to outplay me :D In Insurgency everyone pretty much goes down in one hit, so it's much less about "outplaying" your opponent in a 1 on 1 gunfight, and more about tactics and positioning. The flipside I guess is that you go down very fast as well and sometimes it will feel like it was out of nowhere, but that I think comes down to learning the maps a bit and understanding why you were positioning yourself stupidly

Associate
PUBG is 50% off, the first time I've seen it discounted since putting it in my watch list the better part of a year ago.

Spore is 75% off at £3.74. Heard it's supposed to be very good, despite it looking ridiculous in the screen shots.

Soldato
Very temped by Kingdom Come Deliverance for £14.99. Do I need any of the DLC before playing the main game?
Also looking at Anno 1404 Gold for £3.12.

Soldato
squad takes time to adapt to. you play it like BF then you'll struggle. give it time to adapt. its an experience. its not about kills.

Man of Honour
OP
squad takes time to adapt to. you play it like BF then you'll struggle. give it time to adapt. its an experience. its not about kills.

Yeah, I don't think its the game that's the issue (Squad or Hell Let Loose) , I think its just that I end up finding neither is as fun to me as it seemed when I watched the youtube videos. Just a clash with my gaming style I think. I find that when I play them both , the more realistic games and the more arcade-like stuff like Battlefield, that I enjoy the more arcade like ones more. To use an analogy, I guess that ultimately for me, I find the fart and slapstick humour of Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (Battlefield games etc) more entertaining than the more high brow, intelligent comedy of something like say Master of None or Transparent (Squad/Hell Let Loose). Both games have their target audiences, I guess I'm just more inclined toward someone farting, making a sex joke and then smacking someone with a frying pan :D

Back
Top Bottom