Steam Sale started today

Soldato
My mic didn't seem to work in Squad but I didn't get kicked. I think the Squad Leader realised there was an influx of noobs and was actually quite patient. Telling people what to do very plainly, in simpler language than he would have used before the sale.

However, not my bag. Hopefully those who keep it turn into the kinda players they need and keep the game going.

Soldato
Yeah, I don't think its the game that's the issue (Squad or Hell Let Loose) , I think its just that I end up finding neither is as fun to me as it seemed when I watched the youtube videos. Just a clash with my gaming style I think. I find that when I play them both , the more realistic games and the more arcade-like stuff like Battlefield, that I enjoy the more arcade like ones more. To use an analogy, I guess that ultimately for me, I find the fart and slapstick humour of Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (Battlefield games etc) more entertaining than the more high brow, intelligent comedy of something like say Master of None or Transparent (Squad/Hell Let Loose). Both games have their target audiences, I guess I'm just more inclined toward someone farting, making a sex joke and then smacking someone with a frying pan :D

:D

Associate
I'm a Project Reality/OFP/ArmA3 head, so realistic, small unit tactical ops is right up my street.

You cannot play any of those seriously without a mic so I completely understand why people are being kicked for not having one in Squad. It's the anti-bunny hopping solo run and gun game extraordinaire.

Soldato
I've picked up Resident Evil 1 the HD re-make and Also Resident Evil 4 (Never played it)

Was a big fan of one and two growing up and the Resi 2 re-make was pretty much 10/10 imo. Cost me a tenner total for the two of them.

Soldato
Does anyone know if Epic are planning a Summer sale? I've not boycotting them like others on here. The two new games i'm interested in are tied to their store. Outer Wilds and Obervation.

V F

V F

Soldato
PUBG is 50% off, the first time I've seen it discounted since putting it in my watch list the better part of a year ago.

Spore is 75% off at £3.74. Heard it's supposed to be very good, despite it looking ridiculous in the screen shots.

I've had my eye on PUBG for a while but I don't know of I could get into Battle Royale. Tried the rest of them and despise this looting and even more looting. While it looks fun seeing good players on twitch...

As for Squad, it was another I had my sights set on but I've been told some games can take up to a few hours. That's great if life events don't get in the way of those two hours. Like the dog wanting out or to go a walk when it's whining at you.

Soldato
Hell Let Loose is the ******* same. You walk around for ages not seeing anything, just heading in the general direction of the gunfire, and then BAM you get killed out of nowhere by an enemy you can't see. I've played a few rounds, died a lot and haven't actually seen an enemy soldier yet. Refund time I think. I'll look at it again a bit further down the line.

You cannot play any of those seriously without a mic so I completely understand why people are being kicked for not having one in Squad.

You do realise that not all of us can sit there with headphones and a mic on right? Some of us have families to consider.

Soldato
Hell Let Loose is the ******* same. You walk around for ages not seeing anything, just heading in the general direction of the gunfire, and then BAM you get killed out of nowhere by an enemy you can't see. I've played a few rounds, died a lot and haven't actually seen an enemy soldier yet. Refund time I think. I'll look at it again a bit further down the line.

You know what, **** it! I'm going to keep it and let my old mate, Percy Vere, have a go.

Associate
I've picked up Resident Evil 1 the HD re-make and Also Resident Evil 4 (Never played it)

Was a big fan of one and two growing up and the Resi 2 re-make was pretty much 10/10 imo. Cost me a tenner total for the two of them.

When you get around to playing 4 be sure to pick up the HD Project mod. It's not quite finished, but what's currently available covers most the game. It's an impressive upgrade on the visuals.https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32823244

Back
Top Bottom