Tesco Box insurance modifications

Associate
OP
This is what 'muffler delete' means

Sorry I thought you meant just take it out and let the exhaust run from there. My bad. And I thought they only fail an MOT if it’s excessively loud?

Watch out for baffle bock too, the gas might try to flow the wrong way, and blow the welds on the manifold.

Any modifications will definitely be done by a professional. I won’t mind paying that extra bit to get a warranty if possible. There’s a place where I live that make them to order so it’s not just a generic piece, and they have multiple shops over the country so they are reputable

Associate
OP
This car will not sound good in any way with no muffler. Pass your test oh gifted one before messing with it.

Definitely passing my test before any mods. Especially as I can’t drive it on my own to a garage to get any work done. And will changing the exhaust tip be better than muffler delete?

What shocks are you going for? Be careful on ebay, as a lot of the cheaper springs are from old chinese mattresses.

I really hope this is a joke to explain how bad they are . If not then damn. I haven’t had a look at shocks yet as I’m not sure if I definitely want to lower it. But same with the exhaust, I’ll probably go to a professional. But my dads friends works for prodrive (if you know them, they build Le Mans and WRC cars). So if I were to buy anything to do myself, I would definitely get him to give me a hand

Soldato
They have large gangs in China, who buy worn out old double mattresses from hotels, cut the springs out, repaint em, and then resell them in Europe. This is one of the main reasons of people falling asleep at the wheel.

Associate
That’s another option I’m thinking of doing. But what makes you say it’s a couch on wheels??

Dude its a small size mass produced front wheel drive compromised non sporty run about for folk who want to get from A-B as nicely as possible for there 25 grand.
It is not a sports car, its not a hot hatch and no muffler deletes or springs will turn it into anything even remotely close to resembling one. In fact all it will do is make it worse at what it does well, which is a car for folk who are not enthusiasts to poodle around in.

If your going to mod a flipping car, start with one that has some semblance of performance/sportyness or driver involvement and dont waste your time pratting about with removing the back box as that will be really bad on this thing.
If you must mod it get a remap and call it a day, something worth far far far more than spaffing some crap springs and exhaust on a family run about.

Associate
There's actually a clause in section 7 of the Terms and Conditions for Tesco Bank Box insurance stating that cover will not be granted on a car which has been modified in any way from the manufacturers original spec excluding factory options. But it doesn't say you can't modify after cover has been given so call them and ask, but say it's just a question.

That clause means that in the event of a claim as well as at inception, so if you have an accident and try to claim or the poor sod you hit wants to claim your insurance ain't gonna pay out, or potentially pay for the other person and claim their costs back from you

Associate
Back
Top Bottom