Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
Trying a campaign as Bordeleaux. The -20 control penalty you get on the second turn is a right sod. Worse when Parravon sacks Massif Orcal before you can get there (due to having to defend against an invasion from Mousilon). Going to be interesting riding out the next 15 turns as I doubt I'll get close to another Orc settlement...

Soldato
Trying a campaign as Bordeleaux. The -20 control penalty you get on the second turn is a right sod. Worse when Parravon sacks Massif Orcal before you can get there (due to having to defend against an invasion from Mousilon). Going to be interesting riding out the next 15 turns as I doubt I'll get close to another Orc settlement...

I am holding off on Brettonia until they finish off the unit roster.

Yeah, Bloody Orcs lol.

I finished my Skaven campaign (I highly recommend it) and now into Tomb Kings. I am finding the graphics, sound and faction specific items and campaign very beautiful to watch and play.

Those giants with bow and arrows, wow, never seen anything like it in a game like this.

Soldato
I've got back into this. Anyone play this in multiplayer? Would be good to team up for some 2v2s.

If we have enough we could get some regular relaxed multiplayer matches between the ocuk crowd.

Soldato
I've got back into this. Anyone play this in multiplayer? Would be good to team up for some 2v2s.

If we have enough we could get some regular relaxed multiplayer matches between the ocuk crowd.

Not yet, as I need more time in the game. Curiously, this is a nice game to watch pre-recorded matches on YouTube and I usually do not like watching other people play games.

Caporegime
New dlc announced, Hunter and the beast:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-hunter-the-beast-faq/

Looks very good if you like empire and lizard man factions.
I'm really surprised how they did another Lizardmen DLC after the last one (Prophet & Warlock) was also Lizardmen, it shows how they didn't do a proper job the last time round. Slann are still not reworked either and are thus still totally underwhelming. I would have loved to have seen an Empire vs Beastmen DLC so that they could have got the Beastmen into a workable state and fleshed out the roster. It would have actually been loreful too, considering Markus didn't fight Lizardmen.

I have yet to see the Empire rework and mechanics in detail but I am very disappointed that they didn't add a few of the more iconic units like Knights of the White Wolf etc. I guess more will come as another DLC later down the line. Still, Empire were in such a bad state that I am glad they got some attention, even if I feel it may not have been what they deserve.

Associate
Yeah the empire dlc has not been fully announced but they have added new regions and introduced an elector counts feature.

I think lizard-men are only missing troglodons but I do like nakai starting position in ME.

I am sure there are bound to be more empire dlc, no way Middelheim being left out as a faction. Also surely Kislev will be added at later date too.

Finally, if you look at the vortex campaign. There are 11 LL in and around lustria - Maza, nakai, teclis, Markus, Harkon, lolkir, Cyreen, tenenhiem, Skrolk, ikit and Khalida.... possibly gor Rek too

Southlands only has queek, tic taq, Kroq, Arkan and Settra..... room for Araby then.

Associate
You all know more about the lore and everything than me.. I'm just happy they're still on the working on the game.

I think there will be a lot more dlc to come, not to mention game 3 which will prob drop in next year to 18 months. CA could potentially support this series for another 3-4 years.

Soldato
I think there will be a lot more dlc to come, not to mention game 3 which will prob drop in next year to 18 months. CA could potentially support this series for another 3-4 years.

Yeah, not even sure I've seen anything announced regarding the third game. Presumably they would be extending the Mortal Empires map to account for new factions in game 3.

Caporegime
Yeah, not even sure I've seen anything announced regarding the third game. Presumably they would be extending the Mortal Empires map to account for new factions in game 3.
Nothing has been announced but the map has to be expanded/reworked to include the Chaos Dwarves (East of the Silver Road), Ogre Kingdoms (East of The Dark Lands, so not sure how they will do this geographically) and Chaos Wastes (they currently exist but suck).

Associate
I knew about game 3 on it's way but to carry on supporting the earlier titles is fantastic to me..
And i really hope you're right in 3 or more years of support for these.
I used to dabble in table top and this just takes me back to those days.. I love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom