The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
It's funny for all the money wwe has their version of Goldberg's entrance is pretty crap compared to how it was in wcw. They don't use the proper version of the "invasion" theme with the clash sound at the start, and they let the theme run on far too long whereas in wcw they restarted it once the pyro hit. And less said about the pyro the better, wwe version looks so anemic and cheap compared to how they done it in wcw.

Says it all.

Caporegime
Thats because I think one time the huge pyro went wrong on him and burnt him, he asked for it to be reduced from that point on.

Never heard of that, the pyro in wcw was always the same really until the end. Wwe of course had to mess with it, they started out with it being on the stage floor, then they started putting it into the entrance area on the sides of the walls. Just looked crap compared to how wcw had it. If anything id say the wwe version would be more cause for concern in terms of burns with the way they had it set on the sides of the entrance area shooting directly onto him, as opposed to him standing in the middle of 4 pyro emitters with it going mostly around him like how it was done in wcw.

Good example of the wwe iteration back in 2003.

Caporegime
Vince's latest genius idea, matches have to essentially go on "pause" during commercial breaks, so they get random people to come out on stage and flap their gums for a bit until the commercial is over or run adverts for other events, then the ring lights come back on when the commercial time is over (yes the "superstars" are standing there in the dark doing nothing during this time) and the match continues.....Someone please kick this old man out on his ass, he has clearly lost it.

The new format with no action during the commercial breaks kinda sucks. They tried a couple of different things (the iiconics came out to cut a horrible promo on the kabuki warriors, The Revival tried to talk to the crowd and got booed to the point where one of them was saying 'come on guys, can't we talk?', KO tried to cut a promo and got shut down with 'you suck' chants) but it was mostly commercials on the tron, stuff like a clip from some rap battle show, one from late night, a full commercial for 'Fighting with my Family' on DVD, etc etc.

It seriously took the audience right out of the matches, especially when it was in the middle of a match with the competitors standing in a dark ring watching a commercial for next year's Mania.

Soldato
Literally has anyone ever sat at home and gone ‘I wish they stopped the match during the break because I’m missing stuff’ I’d say probably no! All it does is annoy the live audience.

In the list of things wrong with WWE at the moment that’s about number 1 million :D

Soldato
Didn't matches with add breaks historically use that moment to just slow it down anyway so the wrestlers could catch their breath and then hit a nice spot a few moments after coming back. Don't see the point with this latest change.

Caporegime

The problem with this is Vince is still bound to be in the background saying what goes which will ultimately make this a waste of time. If they had full control with Vince locked up in a cupboard somewhere then it might be worth a shot, if he still makes the final decision then not much will change. They allegedly have 30 odd writers who between them apparently cant come up with a good idea because it all has to go through Vince so i can't see what difference this will make.

Caporegime
The problem with this is Vince is still bound to be in the background saying what goes which will ultimately make this a waste of time. If they had full control with Vince locked up in a cupboard somewhere then it might be worth a shot, if he still makes the final decision then not much will change. They allegedly have 30 odd writers who between them apparently cant come up with a good idea because it all has to go through Vince so i can't see what difference this will make.

Oh yeah he'll definitely override something he doesn't like or push for something he wants. Presumably recent attendance at shows is making Vince realise he needs to do something differently. Hopefully they get some freedom to do things.

I haven't even watched highlights on YouTube for months until the other day.... and what's the big thing... Undertaker returning for what ever reason. Uchh just please stop it.

Caporegime
I haven't even watched highlights on YouTube for months until the other day.... and what's the big thing... Undertaker returning for what ever reason. Uchh just please stop it.

Undertaker just looks older and older every time he appears, his hairs thinning out drastically as well. Might be a small point but a lot of people pointed this out about Sting in his wwe appearances as well which didn't help his look, and it looked worse as the match wore on. Another WCW big name they brought in just to bury.

Last edited:
Soldato
if Vince give them real control but has some input, I think it has a real chance to be great, both Paul and Erik have looked back and hard regrets, Im assuming they must have thought about what they could do much better Paul has also been working at WWE for sometime.

Because each show will have different people managing them, Im assuming they will all be slightly different and they will compete with each other to show whos better like they did before.

If things go well I expect RAW to be the better show ( big if ) paul still seam to be in the loop and does have a good idea of what is good.

I only hope they do the following
1. a proper superstar shake up, so it will have a new feel from the start.
2. Push other starts
3. Some decent gimmick matchs at the moment everything looks the same
4. Old school matchs with skill and experience like the Cody vs Dustin without the blood

The problem is
They have too many big shows
Weekly show are too long
Same match every week
Both shows are the same
Too many belts and they are all the same just different colours
The Belts dont feel important anymore
The shows are dumb down, most fans are adults but WWE is still focusing on kids.

If this does not work I dont think they have any hope of changing.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's like someone told Vince about AEW and said to him that it will be a good thing because we need something like the Monday Night Wars to come back so that the competition push each other to be better, and vince said "that's a great idea, but I want to own both of the shows!"

Soldato
The best business moves Vince has made in recent years is making Smackdown a live show and reintroducing the brand split but now the brand split is no longer relevant thanks to this stupid wild card rule. Smackdown should have it's own production crew, PPV's and creative team and no mention of Raw or any crossover with the trading of wrestlers happing rarely. That way it could at least appear to be something different from WWE's normal product, sadly Vince's idea of differention is to have different coloured belts for their respective champions.

Associate
Looks like they might be using Bray Wyatt in a similar vein to how WCW used Sting all those years ago, just terrorising folk and not actually wrestling.

Sounds great to me.

Soldato
Stone Cold Steve Austin Puts the Stunner on Spicy Wings | Hot Ones

Stone Cold Steve Austin is a six-time WWF World Heavyweight Champion and WWE Hall of Famer. You can catch him on the award-winning podcast The Steve Austin Show. And, he's also got a new TV show, Straight Up Steve Austin, airing Mondays at 11/10c after Monday Night RAW on the USA Network. But how is he with spicy food? Find out as the Texas Rattlesnake body slams wings and discusses his iconic wrestling career, gives props to The Rock’s mic skills, and tells war stories from his years on the road. Thank you for another amazing season, spice lords!

watching it now, so good so far

Back
Top Bottom