PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
Nobody ever seems to be on discord for this
Anyway, bought this recently and it looks sooooo much better than Xbox One. Anyone fancy squads with a rubbish player add me on steam

Associate
No, that update isn't live yet. I think they said it'd be around a month. Likely that they are doing the map update, as well as the new vehicle etc all in one go.

Associate
I think this is ridiculous. One thing I've liked about PUBG is the somewhat aim to be realistic. So now you are going to have people in armor, with helmets, huge backpacks full of stuff and three weapons flying around like monkeys? Now a ton of strategy/tactics will fly out the window (pun intended) since you can just hop from building to building. May as well reach a CoD low and add grappling hooks.

Associate
A mate and I have been struggling with the game running badly this last week. Both have 8700 CPUs and 2080Ti GPUs. Have read a couple of fleeting comments on Reddit about a full screen/windowed issue causing it?

No swearing please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I think this is ridiculous. One thing I've liked about PUBG is the somewhat aim to be realistic. So now you are going to have people in armor, with helmets, huge backpacks full of stuff and three weapons flying around like monkeys? Now a ton of strategy/tactics will fly out the window (pun intended) since you can just hop from building to building. May as well reach a CoD low and add grappling hooks.

tbf, most of them looked legit except the 3rd one in the video lol That was completely unrealistic, that dude would have ****** himself trying to do that.

Associate
Uh huh. Doesn't get any simpler than everyone at the end of a game taking pot shots at each other with snipers seeing who can get a lucky head-shot. And what is a "Viss"? Some streamer? Why would I care about what some streamer I've never heard of thinks about something.

Last edited:
Associate
A mate and I have been struggling with the game running badly this last week. Both have 8700 CPUs and 2080Ti GPUs. Have read a couple of fleeting comments on Reddit about a full screen/windowed issue causing it?
For some reason you cant get into true fullscreen mode anymore (disable Fullscreen Optimizations for pubg doesn't seem to work in windows 1903)
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/c387jf/real_fullscreen_fix_windows_10_fullscreen/

that fix does not work for me but some say it does , you know your in true fullscreen mode when you change volume from keyboard and you cant see the volume bar onscreen

Associate
are you on 1903 windows version? maybe I messed up something somewhere, weird that if you start TslGame.exe from the steam folder it actually launches in true fullscreen you just cant play the game it doesn't load the lobby

Soldato

I like it, the only thing I would like to see is some of the longer drops hurting your health a bit.

Soldato
For some reason you cant get into true fullscreen mode anymore (disable Fullscreen Optimizations for pubg doesn't seem to work in windows 1903)
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/c387jf/real_fullscreen_fix_windows_10_fullscreen/

that fix does not work for me but some say it does , you know your in true fullscreen mode when you change volume from keyboard and you cant see the volume bar onscreen
I tried this last night but it didn't seem to work for me but thinking about it, not sure if I have the PUBG Test server version installed. I may have updated that instead of the live version of PUBG. Will check later on...

Soldato
Warning ! don't crash into these things, had to shoot tyres to move it. Ended up falling to blue :(

2i1z61l.jpg

Associate
You guys ever die so quick you are like "man that guy is really great or cheating?" Just had an encounter, I'm max geared, 50 meters, I shoot first and this dude just vaporizes me (like 5 of the first 6 bullets out of his SCAR hit perfectly., no HS's), full auto spray death in about 1/4th of a second. So I naturally check his stats to see if he his cheating, and he has 0.4 KDR and complete potato stats across the board.

How does someone with ridiculously bad stats with a mediocre weapon at best, at a not insignificant distance vaporize someone at Shroud like speed? That is what has always perplexed me about this game. I think it happens far too often to simply chalk up to "luck".

Soldato
You guys ever die so quick you are like "man that guy is really great or cheating?" Just had an encounter, I'm max geared, 50 meters, I shoot first and this dude just vaporizes me (like 5 of the first 6 bullets out of his SCAR hit perfectly., no HS's), full auto spray death in about 1/4th of a second. So I naturally check his stats to see if he his cheating, and he has 0.4 KDR and complete potato stats across the board.

How does someone with ridiculously bad stats with a mediocre weapon at best, at a not insignificant distance vaporize someone at Shroud like speed? That is what has always perplexed me about this game. I think it happens far too often to simply chalk up to "luck".

Luck plays a big part in games such as these. My k/d is pretty crap but on some days I can be decent.

Back
Top Bottom