What have you done to your car today?

Associate

upload

Over the past few days i have done a couple of things to my wee 5.
Led light bar across the back of the boot lid, comes on with the sidelights/lights ect.. Looks really convincing and factory like a lot of Audi's and such with similar setups.

And then i painted my callipers and got bloody paint everywhere as usual, 5 mins rumble down one of my fav backroads and no more paint on disks lol. Yes i am careful... cough.. :p

Permabanned
Had to have a new CV boot fitted. When on the ramp the chap noticed a broken rear spring :( Never had one go before.

On the way home a bolt some how got stuck in the front. Both were around 2.3mm amyway so had them both replaced with Dunlop Sport RT2.

Around £300 lighter just for a £40 CV Boot.

Owning a car sometimes sucks.

Associate
Not so much as what I've done, but what I plan on doing in the next couple of weeks.

Mechanical:
New exhaust system - current one that came with the car is far too loud and droney.

Replacing the lowered springs with OEM ones or equivalent.

New air intake to make the car breath a bit better and for some gain if and/or when I get a remap

Visuals:
New wheel caps all round. Typical MK5 golf wear around the edges
New front grill. The chrome has peeled away in a few places.
New gear knob and new drivers door arm rest trim.

Ideally, I want to get a new steering wheel or get my current one refurbished, just not sure on cost.

Soldato
upload

Over the past few days i have done a couple of things to my wee 5.
Led light bar across the back of the boot lid, comes on with the sidelights/lights ect.. Looks really convincing and factory like a lot of Audi's and such with similar setups.

And then i painted my callipers and got bloody paint everywhere as usual, 5 mins rumble down one of my fav backroads and no more paint on disks lol. Yes i am careful... cough.. :p

Very nice, which paint did you use?

Permabanned
Hmm last weekend. Changed Diff Fluid . 15 year old 100k on it :D
fca7f9ac98b1e10ff0af3eb1a589c06fc48c2bdd.jpeg

And started working on small audio upgrade of crappy Bose sound system in Zee. Sub came in b4 rest so started with that.
d1e8b2c033ba61740a9a410ba81119de4eb4d19f.jpeg

Soldato
My number plate was held on by 4 of those white double sided foam pad things. I got to work and a chap was calling out to me though I had no idea what he was saying, I walked around the front of my car and the plate was hanging on by a thread :o I figured that's what he was trying to tell me.

Cleaned the plate with acetone and the front of my car, 3 strips of industrial double sided tape along the length and slapped it back on.

Soldato
Ah yeah, my leather is still original so that will be why.
I only realised from Bespoke Leathering (of CAR SOS fame) that just about all leather is dyed and then a flexible top coat applied. That's what BMW do on all their leather (as does everyone else), it's exceedingly rare to get Analine leather these days.

The simple test is pop some water drops on your leather, if it just sits on top, it's normal sealed leather and conditioner isn't doing anything (you want to use a proper protective coat like Dr Leather Dye Block or Gyeon Leather Coat etc). If the water soaks in immediately It means you have analine and needs conditioning, however since you have relatively normal BMW Nappa leather, it's dyed/sealed so should do that!

The only exception is if the top coat has worn away or cracked, a tiny amount of conditioner might get in to the cracked/worn area, but I'd probably get that repaired than try to make it last with conditioner!

Soldato
Over the weekend and a little bit of this week:

Wash, clay, polish and wax
anFvzQT.jpg

Fitted a reverse camera that replaces the number plate lamp fitting, I got used to the reverse sensors in my old Saab and the rear visibility is quite poor in this
muHt8Cw.jpg

Fitted my Pioneer
xSrUu3M.jpg

Printed a little doofer to go in the hole for the useless factory USB port that holes the extension for the rear USB in on the pioneer
HD0oEWE.jpg

Got new mats as well. So annoying that three of the original mats were mint condition and the drivers one was missing because it was presumably knackered.

Booking it in for a full service and cam belt early next month when the garage are back open. Car's apparently very well looked after going by condition but it's 10 this year so due its second cam belt. I can't imagine the owners got the belt and pump done just before they traded in. No service book with the car annoyingly.

Soldato
Hmm last weekend. Changed Diff Fluid . 15 year old 100k on it :D
fca7f9ac98b1e10ff0af3eb1a589c06fc48c2bdd.jpeg

And started working on small audio upgrade of crappy Bose sound system in Zee. Sub came in b4 rest so started with that.
d1e8b2c033ba61740a9a410ba81119de4eb4d19f.jpeg
Odd question but does it have an optical out to an amp?
CD changer in my boxster is being a bit will it won't it play a disc and I was looking at upgrades, unfortunately I've got a bose system and it's no particularly mod friendly.

Permabanned
Odd question but does it have an optical out to an amp?
CD changer in my boxster is being a bit will it won't it play a disc and I was looking at upgrades, unfortunately I've got a bose system and it's no particularly mod friendly.
Bose system is an integrated with everything in 350z. Got Bluetooth conectivity with hand free controlled off steering wheel. And same here Bose is like hmm very closed setup. With 2 separate amps one for speakers separate for sub :D. In 350z You can buy Bluetooth Audio module that You install in ehaduynit for 35 quid taht converts tape player in to bluetooth from phone player. Also If You want you can do Aux jack with easy 3 solder point mod.

Sope that is any use. Bet You can Mod Bose headunit for Aux or even bluetooth :)

Back
Top Bottom