What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Bose system is an integrated with everything in 350z. Got Bluetooth conectivity with hand free controlled off steering wheel. And same here Bose is like hmm very closed setup. With 2 separate amps one for speakers separate for sub :D. In 350z You can buy Bluetooth Audio module that You install in ehaduynit for 35 quid taht converts tape player in to bluetooth from phone player. Also If You want you can do Aux jack with easy 3 solder point mod.

Sope that is any use. Bet You can Mod Bose headunit for Aux or even bluetooth :)
Boxster options aren't that good, I've found a Chinese rca to bose optical converter, so any head unit with rca out will work but no reviews :(

Soldato
Head unit install in that Mito is great: so many look cheap / bodged but that could almost pass for OEM.

Really happy with it, the fit's good, the paint match is good, install was nice and easy as well. The Blue&Me box is just unceremoniously wedged behind the dash though - I might remove it and get the garage to do a proxi reset when it goes in for service if they'll do it very cheap, apparently if you remove it and don't do this reset it makes your odometer flash until you do.

Soldato
Someone went into the back of the M4 at the weekend - sighs - but it was only minor, offered to pay for a repair to my rear bumper, so I took it along to BMW, smart repair today. Pickup tomorrow. Annoyingly I'm going to need to get the rear bumper ceramic coated again down the line. Hopefully colour match is spot on!

Caporegime
Had to abandon an overtake for the first time ever today because the car I was overtaking seemingly deliberately closed up the gap on me as I was going past? :confused:

No drama as there was no oncoming traffic and I just braked and pulled in behind them again, but why would you do that? Such a dangerous thing to do! Its not like I was going crazy either, they were doing about 40 in a 60 or something.

Then the guy behind me flashed his headlights at me about 30 times (not exaggerating, it went on for ages. Like he was trying to talk to me in morse code...)

Caporegime
Had to abandon an overtake for the first time ever today because the car I was overtaking seemingly deliberately closed up the gap on me as I was going past? :confused:

No drama as there was no oncoming traffic and I just braked and pulled in behind them again, but why would you do that? Such a dangerous thing to do! Its not like I was going crazy either, they were doing about 40 in a 60 or something.

Men trying to compensate for something and can't bare to "lose". They think it's a race when it is just traffic.

Soldato
@Zeed Yeah seen that one before but unfortunately it's for the cdr23 without most system so wont work, I've got an old MTX amp and a few head units lying around so may go that option if it does fail completely and i can't find a work around.

Cheers for the vid though :)

Permabanned
@Zeed Yeah seen that one before but unfortunately it's for the cdr23 without most system so wont work, I've got an old MTX amp and a few head units lying around so may go that option if it does fail completely and i can't find a work around.

Cheers for the vid though :)
most in 350z club just rip whole stock and bose systems out and rewire everything from headunit to amp to speakers.

Man of Honour
most in 350z club just rip whole stock and bose systems out and rewire everything from headunit to amp to speakers.

I've got a similar system in my Navara previous owner paid quite a bit of money to have a factory upgraded version of the Bose Premium setup - sadly it isn't very upgrade/mod friendly and can't really be replaced without changing out the whole infotainment unit at significant cost and hassle but the aux input is relatively reusable for other stuff without too much effort.

I'm not really a fan of Bose and the stock version of this has way too much DSP going on to give the illusion of a "premium" sound due to cheap speaker drivers, etc. but the upgraded premium version actually sound pretty good - airy, detailed and crisp mid-range, nicely balanced bass with good kick even if lacking in growl but the highs are kind of hard and metallic and kind of crunched up for want of a better way to put it.

Soldato
Installed the Ford Performance upgraded strut braces (took way too long to do...)

Completely flat in corners now, absolutely beautiful.

Cleaned and waxed the wheels while they were off too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Typical honda fashion with the clutch release bearing.

Had a play with a friend's cupra 300. They're rather quick tbh, put up a better fight than an golf r/S3 of that era.

Soldato
FWD so less drivetrain loss vs the S3 and R I'd guess. Though don't the S3 and R have 350HP?

Mk7/7.5/ r are 300? Think some were 310 and the S3 being same.

Not sure what my car is running as haven't had it dynoed but it's anywhere between 360-380? With around 750-800nm of torques. 2nd gear roll from circa 30, neck and neck through to third and I think it was 4th where I got the edge but even at dumb speed he was still 2-3lengths away. Says the car is stock. They are quicker in gear than golf r's I know that much.

It was rather interesting to see how the same stuff differs in the real world. Dsg definitely makes those cars great.

As an RS3 of the same era which are circa 360 it's always been a legnth difference from a roll.

Won't even attempt standing traffic light races because those cars are comically quick.

Soldato
I'm under it, changing exhaust mounts.
Next is engine mount bush.

Warning to all.

The harder blue exhaust mounting off Amazon is crappy. All 4 lasted a month before they stretched.

Gone for polyurethane ones now. I bet those crack soon though -.-

Last edited:
Soldato
Changed oil, oil filter, pollen filter and air filter. Wasn’t technically due for a while but when the car was in for a recall with BMW they did a quick check and noted that there was too much oil in the car. Rather than faff about getting a bit of it out I just did the lot. Sure enough there was somewhere around 1/2 to 3/4 of a litre too much in there.

It had been that way since I got the car. I’ve done 10k miles since and never needed to top up the oil. My fault for relying on the electronic dipstick rather than using the physical one as obviously the electronic one reported everything as being ok.

Soldato
OP
Off on a 1,300 mile jaunt to Germany in a rusty E46 330d with knocking on for 300,000 miles in a couple of days - wish me luck! :p
In my defense, it's the only car I have with working A/C and it's gonna be scorchio over there.

Just checking over the usual stuff today, throwing some spares in the boot and crossing every finger and toe I have.

Back
Top Bottom