*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
is it more economic to take the BT broadband, rather than sky, and then benefit from the reduced BT tv price - that's what we do.

worldwide are there other broadcasters doing live hdr/4k sports ? not sure the camera infrastructure and encoding workflows are up to the job yet.
edit: well BT just started - how was it ? BT to debut HDR with free Champions League Final broadcast
The HDR broadcast by bt for the champions league final was shocking and barely counted as hdr, it wasn’t a patch on the BBCs HLG broadcast of the fa cup final

Soldato
I wasn't aware but once SkyQ is deactivated everything is switched off. On the old boxes you could watch the typical freeview channels but with SkyQ everything requires some form of subscription.

Caporegime
I wasn't aware but once SkyQ is deactivated everything is switched off. On the old boxes you could watch the typical freeview channels but with SkyQ everything requires some form of subscription.
The boxes belong to Sky. By stopping all services they encourage you to either return them or re-subscribe.

Soldato
Can it not be remastered, like the Matrix, which is classed as one of the best 4k examples of a movie yet?
matrix was shot on film/35mm too and re-scanning(like for bladerunner) that gives native 4k (albeit special effects 2k) , unlike GOT.

Soldato
is it more economic to take the BT broadband, rather than sky, and then benefit from the reduced BT tv price - that's what we do.

I only have Sky for TV, phone & broadband is provided by Virgin Media as only they can provide the speeds I need.

That does actually mean that I could have the top VM TV package (all channels except Sky Sports/Movies) for only £9 a month which would give me BT Sport including the 4K channel but I'm not sure I can deal with the faff of having two boxes under the TV plus I wouldn't be able to get BT Sport on the minis upstairs.

Soldato
I only have Sky for TV, phone & broadband is provided by Virgin Media as only they can provide the speeds I need.

That does actually mean that I could have the top VM TV package (all channels except Sky Sports/Movies) for only £9 a month which would give me BT Sport including the 4K channel but I'm not sure I can deal with the faff of having two boxes under the TV plus I wouldn't be able to get BT Sport on the minis upstairs.

First world problems :p (sorry couldn't resist)

Caporegime
If I have Netflix separate from Sky, is it worth linking it to my Sky account or keeping it separate? Are there any benefits to linking it to Sky q?

Do you have box sets on Sky? If not and you don't want it there's little benefit. If you do then there's a saving to be made. That's about it.

Soldato
also - if you have ultimate on demand is that on a rolling monthly basis ? or are you then locked into netflix for 18months
- my folks have box sets for ~£1, so I don't see how ultimate on demand is beneficial there, versus a standalone netflix subscription.

Soldato
Right, it's showing an extra £11 for me, so the same cost as Netflix but I would use HDR. Not a compelling reason to upgrade? Or is the original Box Sets being removed?

Your not tied down to strictly using Netflix through the Q box even though it's through sky so you can log in with a device that offers HDR/DV Netflix whilst benefiting from the cost saving (or basically having box sets on sky for nothing)

Man of Honour
Your not tied down to strictly using Netflix through the Q box even though it's through sky so you can log in with a device that offers HDR/DV Netflix whilst benefiting from the cost saving (or basically having box sets on sky for nothing)
Right. But I don't see where the cost saving comes from? I have Boxsets on Demand and I have Netflix. To have Netflix on Sky I have to pay another £11 a month and Netflix is soon to cost me £11.99, so sky would be a whole 99p cheaper when the Netflix price rise hits. Unless I am missing something?

Soldato
Right. But I don't see where the cost saving comes from? I have Boxsets on Demand and I have Netflix. To have Netflix on Sky I have to pay another £11 a month and Netflix is soon to cost me £11.99, so sky would be a whole 99p cheaper when the Netflix price rise hits. Unless I am missing something?

How much does boxsets cost you per month with Sky + Netflix at £11.99

This would then be combined and cost £11 total per month.

Back
Top Bottom