FIFA 19

Soldato
I'll start by apologising for the long post.
I'm really having trouble deciding who to buy, I'm hoping maybe you guys can help me make some decisions...

I do realise that when it comes to 'best' players it's quite subjective, but any thoughts or opinions might help me decide.

So, I need a CAM, I'm thinking:
89/91 Cruyff
89/91 Eusebio (might be a bit of a stretch at 1.3m)
95 Maradona (why is his 95 cardcheaper than some 89/91s?)
91 Ronaldinho (again might be a stretch at 1.2m)
90 Rivaldo (much cheaper but 2* weak foot makes me nervous)

For CDM:
91 Matthäus (bit short?)
91 Ballack
86 Gullit (I hear good things about the higher rated versions)
86 Vieira (again, hear good things about the higher rated version)
90 Rijkaard

And I'd want 2 CBs from:
91 Heirro (is he a bit slow?)
89/91 Blanc
92 Maldini (pretty sure I want him)
91 Desailly (is his talking a bit low?)
92 Cannavaro (bit short?)
90 Ferdinand
92 Puyol (again, a bit slow?)

Are the 91 cards worth it over the 89s?

I love watching Ronaldinho so that tempts me to get him, but that might not translate to him being the best option. I hear good things about Cruyff and Eusebio.
For CDM I'm really torn, Ballack is the only one that I'm unsure about but I don't know why.
For CBs I think I'll get Maldini, but after that I'm not sure, leaning towards Ferdinand or Cannavaro I think.

If you have reasons to get or avoid anyone listed I'd love to hear it.

Also, is there a best time to sign these players, the prices have all started to rise recently I'm not sure if that normal for the weekend?

If it helps when making choices on the players I'm planning on playing a 4-5-1 with:
GK - De Gea or TOTS Ederson
ST - 94 Ronaldo (unless I end up with enough money left over to upgrade?)
CM - 94 Messi (will switch to CAM in game and move CDM to CM role)
LB - 86 Robertson (the best I have so far)
RB - TOTS Doherty
LM - 91 Hazard
RM - 88 Son

I'm tempted to get TOTS Chiesa if I have enough left over, then can play 88 Cancelo RB.
I'd like to swap Hazard for a higher rated Hazard or 90 Mane if I have enough left over.
I'd also be tempted by whatever Neymar I could afford for LM, but would need a LB.

Sorry again for the long post and thanks for any advice.

Soldato
@GoogalyMoogaly I'll not quote the post, but if it were me...

CAM - Socrates, Prime & PIM are both great, both on the ball, tall, strong, surprisingly agile, 5* weak foot, I LOVE Eusebio there, but the Doctor edges it for me

CDM - B as llack is a good all rounder for the money, or 88 Lothar, start 5atb play him CDM.

I'd not bother with Messi, if you want someone small, fast, under 500k, and Argentinian, get TOTS Gomez!

What's the full budget, formation & who do you have right now?

Soldato
@GreenMint
I was planning on starting in a 4-5-1 for Chem reasons, but in game may switch to a 4-1-3-2 if I play with 2 upfront or 4-3-3 (2 or 4) if I'm playing a lone striker.

I currently have 3.5m coins.

The people I have right now for that formation are:
GK - De Gea or TOTS Ederson
ST - 94 Ronaldo (unless I end up with enough money left over to upgrade?)
CM - 94 Messi (will switch to CAM in game and move CDM to CM role)
LB - 86 Robertson (the best I have so far)
RB - TOTS Doherty
LM - 91 Hazard
RM - 88 Son

But do also have:
88 Cancelo
86 Gomez
90 Griezman
92 Modric
90 Aguero
94 Bernardo Silva
90 Alderweeireld
86 Rashford
88 Maddison

A few decent golds including:
88 Van Dijk
91 De Bruyne
89 Kante
88 Salah

Not much else of note

Man of Honour
Yeah, he’s really good.

I got no great red picks for all of FIFA 19 and I play against fairly poor players with loads of great ones. It’s annoying. They get mad when you dab on them though :p

Soldato
I think I could just about do this, depending on prices, it's cutting it real close!
Rk5dDqL.png
I'd switch Messi and Matthaus in game. Once loyalty kicks in I think everyone would be on 10.
The 4 guys with loyalty are the ones I own already (Ronaldo, Messi, Cancelo and Ederson)
Might have to switch 91 Matthaus for 90 Rijkaard if prices don't go my way.
Thoughts?

Soldato
I did notice that, wasn't sure if it would actually be an issue or not, I've read mixed things.
What about 91 Sterling instead?
If I have Ronaldo up front I'm thinking my wings need good crossing, which is what makes me nervous about Neymar.

Man of Honour
My advice at this point in FIFA would be just to get the players you want and will enjoy the most. That being said...

That Neymar isn't worth it over the NIF.

Get rid of Chiesa as suggested.

Spend more on your attack, Maldini is really good (I have his Moments) but won't transform your team. Cannavaro is bad, his Moments is OK but he's pretty small which can be an issue for different reasons.

88 Cancelo is still pretty good, as is Mendy at LB.

Matthaus isn't good this FIFA. Socrates is OK, but the Moments is a lot better.

NIF Messi can't play CAM, his stamina is dire.

De Gea > Ederson. I'd have TOTS Alisson over Ederson all day long, he's great for me (goalkeepers vary though).

Only a 96 upwards CR7 is worth the upgrade over the NIF.

Soldato
Got home from my holiday yesterday, smashed a few games and had to stop at gold 2. You can tell the level of opponents are the die hards now. Not one easy game i cant take the constant la croquetta el tornado spam. 17-5 im spent.

Back
Top Bottom