• Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I've had a normal film protector on my screen since I've bought it, it's gone dirty now so bought a tempered glass one of Amazon. Bad decision, it sticks quite well but makes the screen look horrid, all washed out and a dot matrix effect.

Just ordered the original ones again.

Soldato
OP
Camera Night mode for Galaxy Note 9 arrives with latest monthly update
We know that a lot of you have been looking forward to the dedicated camera Night mode for Galaxy Note 9. The June 2019 update already brought this feature to the Galaxy S9/S9+ last week. It was only a matter of time before the Galaxy Note 9 got it as well.

Samsung is now rolling out the latest monthly update for the Galaxy Note 9. It not only features the Night mode but also the ability to scan QR codes without using Bixby Vision.

Night mode for Galaxy Note 9 included in latest update
Samsung is rolling out firmware version N960FXXU3CSF9 for the Galaxy Note 9. It’s available over-the-air in Germany and can also be downloaded from our firmware section. The firmware weighs in at just under 704MB and does include the latest security patch for the month of June 2019. The changelog mentions that camera performance has been improved as well.

The first thing we checked after installing this update on one of our devices was whether it brought Night mode to the Galaxy Note 9. We’re glad to report that it does indeed bring the dedicated Night mode to last year’s flagship phablet.

Our impression of the Night mode on the Galaxy S9 was that it works as well as the Galaxy S10’s Night mode. That’s going to be the case on the Galaxy Note 9 as well. The camera app also gets a built-in QR code scanner. It will no longer be required to use Bixby Vision or a third-party QR code-scanning app. The quick toggle in the notification shade can be used to scan QR codes using the camera app itself.

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/17/night-mode-for-galaxy-note-9-latest-update/

Permabanned
Tried night mode yesterday and the results were awful, even worse than auto, odd considering the extra time taken to process the image. Is anyone getting any good results with this mode?

Soldato
Does anyone know how to turn the biometric unlock 'standby' turning on when you put the phone on charge? It's really annoying that the screen turns on for it when I put it on the wireless charging stand when in bed.

Caporegime
Haven't opened the links (50% chance they won't load on this crappy connection) but assume we're still getting 2 models, way to go Samsung - more iterations and likely slower updates :p.

I hope my pragmatism kicks in for this, it would have to be a stonker of a phone to get me to switch (unless irrationality kicks in).

Associate
With the latest update that includes the camera improvement and June security update, has anyone else found that it has had a big impact on battery life? It's really taken what was an all day phone to now meaning I've have to charge it by about 17.00hrs. I've cleared the cache partition but it's made no difference, has anyone else found this?

Associate
I picked one up last week at my local Samsung Experience Store on their 512GB DUOS model for £599, a mega deal and the phone is real beast too, loving using it so far and this is from someone who had hated TouchWiz in the past, OneUI is a big improvement compared to the old days.

July Patch just landed on mine too as above.

Soldato
So I bought a dual SIM version off of eBay brand new for £488. It comes from UAE but I made sure to have my 3 SIM card inserted when I first booted it up. As a result, the phone automatically configured itself to XEU CSC off the bat.

My old Note 8 was a BTU version. From what I'm reading there's basically zero difference between the BTU and XEU versions, as both are UK unbranded?

Just wondering what the deal is, because if they update at the same pace and there's zero difference then there's no point in me trying to flash BTU or whatever.

Soldato
OP
XEU is just the euro version so you will be fine ,depends if you want to flash to BTU while its new . I know I had problems with OXM and my Note 8 and vodafone wifi calling so had to flash back to BTU and wait for slower updates . But updates for BTU seem to be within days/a week with the ipdates

Associate
On my Note 9 i use to have a little rotation icon that sat in the bottom right hand side when I rotated the phone, recently it disappeared and I am not sure why.

From Googling I can only find people wanting to remove it but can't find anything about turning it on.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Mine is still there, and think it's one of the best features. I like to keep the phone locked in portrait apart from certain times, and the little rotation icon/feature is great for that.

I'm not sure how it gets turned on/off though.

Mick

Edit: a quick Google and it's because I have gestures enabled. I don't like the navigation buttons, so use full screen and gestures for home, back, etc.

Back
Top Bottom